Thread: Internet service hangs after installing FVS318G-100NAS 01R8 router

Internet service hangs after installing FVS318G-100NAS 01R8 router

I have got an Acer laptop system , I had bought it few months back , I recently bought a netgear FVS318G-100NAS 01R8 router . When I saw the specifications on the internet , I found out it to be very attractive so purchased it online. I used it and it was working very well for a couple of days , then do not know what happened my internet started to hang and I cannot even have any access to the web interface , so if any body has any idea how this router works then please let me know ?

Re: Internet service hangs after installing FVS318G-100NAS 01R8 router

If you are well aware about the FVS318G configuration then you can solve that yourself , nevertheless I think I can suggest you a way or two . I will be better if you downgrade the firmware from 3.0.6-15 to 3.0.5-27 , I am telling you because if a run a test on your system , I am quite sure that it will result out a connection status bug . So you can sort that error out using a firmware downgradation.

Check whether you can establish the tunnel or not , or are you able to ping appliances and print the servers in the network, or gaining any control over the FVS318G GUI.You will have to change the IKE policy to utilize a mode config profile and if the IP pool is dissimilar and the private IP schemes are being utilized on both ends then you can establish a tunnel .

I was too using My fvs318g router along with my system , my system started is hanging one a day while I was downloading gigabytes from the internet.I have no clue what you were trying to convey on your last message, but I think I have got a solution for this issue to have a fix from the hangs. Firmware 3.0.7-8 will fix your issue. But that step boldly breaks internal VPN connections.

FYI: The FVS318G device has known issues according to Netgear technical support. I've been trying to get warranty support since I bought this router back in November. I was told today that my only options were to purchase an upgraded device from Netgear for $133 and I only get 6 ports or Netgear will send me another FVS318G with the understanding that the replacement may still have the same problems. They want me to pay for shipping as well. This is not acceptable.

I'm at the point of finding legal avenues (possibly class action) because this is the second time Netgear would not honor their warranty. The first time, I just took the wireless router back and bought a Cisco brand replacement.

Frustrating....