Thread: Netgear gs108t switch light goes off

Netgear gs108t switch light goes off

I recently purchased a Netgear GS108T switch and at present I attempted to install it. I performed the whole thing according to the Installation manual. The power light went on and it was probable to see the control on the network by "Smart wizard Detection". After a minute or so the switch went dead, by that I mean no lights at all were shining (including "power"). Did several attempts to restart the switch etc but no success it looks like "dead on entrance", or am I missing something so that my light goes off? So anyone have any suggestion then please reply to this post. Help will be grateful to solve this problem.

Re: Netgear gs108t switch light goes off

I will suggest you to check the power supply properly or may something wrong wring with the connection. This situation also faced by me also so what I have done is that I tried to remove all the connection cause after installing the firmware the switch appears to on and after 2 minutes it started blinking repeatedly. So I remove all the peripheral more the device and again tried to connect the router switch properly and firmly after and restart the system my problem gone. So check your connection properly.

I think there is lack of power to the switch. Because I am a huge network snob and even I can declare that I’m really pretty satisfied with my Netgear GS108T. It's got a straight characteristic set - improved than any you'll discover from a equivalent Linksys/D-Link at least - and it works. And the support is superb. My only grievance is that Netgears recommended technique for initial management is the most random, stupid, useless, silly thing I've ever seen from a part of network equipment. You exercise an request they made to examine your LAN, then you can make use of the application to allow web access, at which end you can lastly manage the device with a web page (which is unhurried to load and steer, but not unusable so).

I think that you must reset the router properly because it sometimes may happen that you connect the device and forget to reset the device. Unless you reset the device you may not able to install the firmware. So try to reset device and then install the firmware driver for the router properly. Or it may happen that the driver which you installed for the driver may not compatible with the version of your operating system. So check your operating system and then try to install it again the latest driver for the firmware.