Thread: Troubleshooting dropping connection with DGN2200 router

Troubleshooting dropping connection with DGN2200 router

My system is connected to the internet with the help of NETGEAR DGN2200 Wireless router. The NETGEAR DGN2200 Wireless router has many advanced features as compared to the other router. The features of NETGEAR DGN2200 are that it is compatible with almost all DSL providers, increased in speed, fast access to USB port and Built-in ADSL2+ modem for use with DSL Broadband. While browsing across the internet I downloaded and installed scandisk software. Due to the installation of scandisk software I am facing problem with connection dropping. I tried to uninstall the scandisk software so that the error can be resolved but the problem failed to resolve.

Re: Troubleshooting dropping connection with DGN2200 router

With the help of wireless router you can access the internet and other online applications very easily. The router broadcast the signal which the computer can use for accessing the web page. If there is dropping of connection problem then you can fix it easily. You need to reset the network by removing the power cords which is connected to the Internet modem and wireless router. Wait for some time and then attach the cables back into the Internet modem and wireless router. After connecting the cable restart the system and test your connectivity. When the system restarts you can check the connectivity to determine whether it is consistent.

You can check your wireless internet consistency by connecting it into another system. After connecting the DGN2200 router to another system if the connection is consistent than from the previous system then your DGN2200 router is not having any problem. The connection might be dropping there might be error in your wireless card. If the system is having some internal wireless device then because of that also connection dropping problem occurs.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to troubleshoot the connection dropping problem. Now my internet connection is consistent. While browsing across the internet, my browsing speed starts to decrease. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and have a better speed while browsing.

If the internet connection is dropping then you may need to test your DGN2200 wireless router. You can test the DGN2200 wireless router by making use of Ethernet cable. You need to connect the Ethernet cable on one of the port of the router and connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to your system. This is the best way to check the dropping connection problem. If the connection is not dropping then in that case you may need to contact the router manufacturer to troubleshoot it. You need to troubleshoot the internet modem by connecting Ethernet cable into internet modem port and other end of the cable to the computer's Ethernet ports. If the connection is dropping then you may contact your ISP to solve this problem.

If your internet speed start decreasing then you can easily troubleshoot this problem. The steps to troubleshoot internet speed dropping are given below:
    • Router is responsible to determine the speed over a network for accessing the internet. If you underestimate the configuration setting then it may affect the speed.
    • You need to check that result of underestimation is slow speed or connection dropping. You can increase the speed by resetting the router.
    • Wireless card and modem may also affect the internet speed. Using older version of cards and modem may not be compatible with the system and it may affect the speed. Try to upgrade the Wireless card, modem and the internet speed problem will be solved.