Thread: Error 0x800705b4 with Microsoft Security Essentials

Error 0x800705b4 with Microsoft Security Essentials

Friends, I have a Sony VGN-AR51M which is running under Windows Vista. It has MS office 2007 installed in that. I got warning about virus infection while I was surfing on internet. I did the virus scan but nothing was detected. Now I have changed my virus protection to Microsoft Security Essentials (foc). After few days I found that the Windows Defender is turned off. I tried to turn that on but it shows me some error message that contains the code 0x800705b4. How can I fix this? Can it cause any problem to my system? Any helpful suggestion will be appreciative.

Re: Error 0x800705b4 with Microsoft Security Essentials

The error code that you told is authentication/activation error. This usually seems when you do not login as the administrator or you don’t have the permission and try to authenticate any application. You should login as the administrator and after that uninstall and install the Microsoft Security Essentials again. Update that by selecting the update option in that. I hope that this will help you.

If your system shows the error code 0x800705b4 then it is a very serious problem. If you do not solve this problem then it may also damage your system permanently. If you want to fix this problem then download the software tools that are listed below and this will repair the system.
    Download these tools and install them individually.

Download the driver updater and this will update all the drivers that control the computer.

Download 0x800705b4 fix and this will fix the error 0x800705b4 for your system.

Many of the times, 0x800705b4 error appears because of the spyware or a virus. So my suggestion to you is to use the removal tool which is suggested below for clearing any spyware infection from your computer. This is the best one and I am using this from many months and my system is free from virus.

Download Spyware Remover

When you click on the link above then it will show you the download dialog box. Click on the open or the Run to install that. This will definitely solve the problem if that is because of the spyware infection.

There are many antivirus which turns on the Windows Defender automatically. I am also agreeing that it5 can be due to spyware in the system but t5hat is not the only solution. It is also dependent on that how it is turned on. There are some vendors which don’t a very good job of it like System Mechanic but I think that the update be supposed to be available soon. If you are having any problem with the IE Security then you can reset that. To do that, go to Tools/ Internet options/ Advanced/ RESET.

Quote Originally Posted by MahaGuru View Post
    If your system shows the error code 0x800705b4 then it is a very serious problem. If you do not solve this problem then it may also damage your system permanently. If you want to fix this problem then download the software tools that are listed below and this will repair the system.
    Download these tools and install them individually.

Download the driver updater and this will update all the drivers that control the computer.

Download 0x800705b4 fix and this will fix the error 0x800705b4 for your system.
    man thats a paiying site..any free suggestions. i dont visit here much but i would assume ppl are looking for FREE ways to do this....like me

This kind of issue is seen while you are using any other security program into the system of yours. Make sure that you are not running with the any other Security program and then try to work with the Microsoft Security Essential. If you can then go through the same and see whether this is working with the issue of yours or not.

Exclamation Reimage.com is scam site!

Better don't download anything from that site. It's a scam site that tries to trick you into purchasing a program from them to fix non-existant errors!
    Last edited by FooBar133; 01-09-2011 at 02:13 PM.