Thread: cannot enter the user id and password when connected to the home network

cannot enter the user id and password when connected to the home network

I have got a desktop system and I am using a home network , The IP address of my modem is 192.168.0.1 , but I am facing some issue with it. I am not having any issue with the connectivity but during the log in as administrator , when it asks me to enter my user name and password , I could not do it , it gives me information as user : admin and password: password. Has anybody faced this sort of issue before , if you have then please let me know .

Re: cannot enter the user id and password when connected to the home network

How many times did you try to log in ? It seems that you would have entered wrong credentials for the first few times and it would have failed when you entered I the correct one , I have not heard of such issue before , I would ask you ,can you restore to factory default settings , please do it if you can , see the results of pinging the IP address and default gateways. It seems a very strange issue to me. I cannot assure you that the steps which I have suggested you will take you to the exact resolution , so it would be better if you post back after trying those steps so that I can reach the core part of this issue.

I think it has something to do with your router , when you had bought your modem/ router , it would have come with a cd and a manual on how to install it and do the necessary settings required for it. So it will be better if you follow the manual and give it a try again. After doing a research a bit on the internet I found out an alternative for it . You can downgrade to some other firmware , for that you can use a TFTP . I think this seems the only possible way to get rid of that awkward logon screen.

Why do not you try to do a hard reset on your router, this will probably make the settings back to the default one. You can do the power cycle on your router . To do it, shut down your system first. Then turn off your router as well . Remove all the cables attached to it and press the power button on the router for at least 9 to 10 seconds. Connect all the cables back to the router again and while restarting the computer and the router again , make sure that the router is powered on in the last. First switch on the system and the connecting device and then in the last power on the router.