Thread: Internet access problem with FVS336Gv2

Internet access problem with FVS336Gv2

I have upgraded my earlier router with FVS336Gv2 because of its advanced features. After the installation of FVS336Gv2 router I configured it successfully. After configuring the FVS336Gv2 router, I was facing problem. I started the browser for accessing the internet but couldn’t access the internet. To solve the internet access problem I reconfigured the FVS336Gv2 router but the problem was not solved. I need a solution so that I can access the internet without any problem. Also suggest me some tips for troubleshooting an internet connection.

Re: Internet access problem with FVS336Gv2

If you are having the internet connection problem such that it is now working then you can fix it easily. You can make use of the ping command to fix the internet connection problem. Ping command is used for checking that your system can establish the internet connection successfully. If you are system is failing to connect to the internet it indicates the internet connection problem. You can ping any website. To use the ping command you need to click on the start button from the desktop. Select run window, type “cmd” and press the enter key. In the command prompt you need to type <ping IPAddress> and press the enter key. If you are not getting any response then there might be problem of internet from the ISP side. You need to contact the ISP for fixing this problem.

You can troubleshoot internet connection problem by following the steps given below:
    1. If you can’t access the internet then you need to check they cable. You need to connect all the cable properly. Any cable which is loosely connected then it may cause the problem. Also if the cable is damaged then you need to replace it immediately.
    2. You might be facing internet access problem because of network card not working properly. You can identify malfunctioning of network by disable the network card.
    3. You need to check the network settings i.e. IP address, MAC address and host/domain name.
    4. Disable the firewall if installed any. The firewall may be blocking the connections to the network.
    5. You should make sure that the drivers for the router are installed properly. Also you need to update the router by downloading the latest firmware.
    6. You need to ensure that the dial-up or broadband modem has been properly connected to the telephone line.
    7. Installation of new hardware or software may also cause connectivity problems. You can restore the system to previous data or you can also uninstall the software or hardware and the connection issue will be resolved.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution it was possible for me to fix the connectivity issue by making use of ping command. To solve connection problem I contacted the ISP and the issue were resolved. I am having Netgear WGR614 v6 router and I want to configure it but I am unaware of the steps to configure it. I need a solution through which I can easily configure the Netgear WGR614 v6 router.

You can configure Netgear WGR614 v6 router very easily. To configure Netgear WGR614 v6 router you need to follow the steps given below:
    1. Start the system and open the browser by double clicking on it.
    2. In the browser you need to type 192.168.1.1 in the address field and press the enter key.
    3. Select basic settings and enter the configuration information provided to you by your ISP.
    4. Now you need to click on apply button to configure the Netgear WGR614 v6 router.
    5. After clicking on apply button, you need to reboot the router so that it be configured.
    6. When the router restarts it has been successfully configured.