Thread: How I can to able to ping as well as connect through WNR3500L router for the internet connection

How I can to able to ping as well as connect through WNR3500L router for the internet connection

I properly sorted and plugged in the Ethernet cable from Cable modem of WNR3500L, as well as connected Cable from my computer. I went through various website in my Browser (Firefox). Also attempted 192.168.1.1, which are one of the identical. I cannot fix to carry up setup display. I check out 30, 30, 30, relaxed the Router setting, with no success. I also attempted by means of CD but unsuccessful either. The light for the cable from computer is light up as well as the top light on router. The internet light does not switch on. Is there amazing I can undertake previous to calling technical help support? I had the modem for 1 month at present. So any one have suggestion for this spot then please reply me as soon as possible on this thread. Help will be grateful.

Re: How I can to able to ping as well as connect through WNR3500L router for the internet connection

I think that if your default mask setting id working fine then don't mess with it. This is most probable reasons by your firewall not being arranged properly, the majority of the firewalls (i.e. AVG and Mc-Affee) will have a arrangement for private as well as for the trusted network. Just put in the IP address of your supplementary computer into the record. It does not subject if you are on wireless or on a line connection, you are going in the course of the similar router (my logical estimate as you are using a linksys router). As for office environment, at my corporation you just have to contact the server through VPN when you use WiFi, though the Internet Protocol series is also dissimilar, so the WiFi network is on a separate IP range than the wall plugs.

Re: How I can to able to ping as well as connect through WNR3500L router for the internet connection

So for my ping setting in Lan I have made the following procedure, I run arp on Mandriva One 2010.0 (192.168.1.20) and I got merely router address.
    I used subsequent command: arp -s 192.168.1.120 < for my MAC address> and now I comprise of the following:

[root@localhost mac]# arp
    Address HWtype HWaddress Flags Mask Iface
    192.168.1.20 Ether 08:21:27:ff:ff:28 C eth0
    192.168.1.120 Ether 05:1e:4d:9c:c9:0d CM eth0

On the supplementary box (192.168.1.120) I had mutually router as well as the IP address of the other box (192.168.1.20 in the entries. But with no CM as a Flags Mask. There are two C's. Perhaps that the setback.

But there is yet no link and also verify the routing stands to make sure you are on /24 subnets.

Go to start menu and go to accessories and open up the command prompt and inside the window of command prompt type "IPCONFIG", search for the IP address of the Default entrance. That should offer you with the interior IP address of your router (assume you're really connected to it). If you be able to ping it, you should also be capable to get the HTTP through IP address from a web browser, if required. The physical to the router should make clear how to exercise the web based executive interface. You should be capable to ping as well as tracer to internet target from there, also. Be conscious those pings an objective by name suppose that you are receiving DNS resolution--which may also be carry out by the router. If you don't encompass a link to the router, it won't be capable to determine the name. If you attempt to ping a website, the majority destinations will fall ICMP traffic and you won't obtain a reply from the ping anyhow (except Google). A few home routers can also be arranged to fall ICMP on the WAN crossing point as a security characteristic which may put off you from pinging the exterior interface of the router. You could do an NSLOOKUP of Google from a computer and then tracer to Google's IP from the PC that's not functioning to see how distant you're getting.