Thread: Troubleshooting FVS318G - DSL connection problem

Troubleshooting FVS318G - DSL connection problem

I was using plug to surf for browsing across the internet. Due to decrease in the speed while browsing I switched myself to FVS318G which uses DSL connection. While browsing the internet, I am having connection problem such that my connection gets terminated. I contacted the internet service provider to solve this problem but the issue wasn’t resolved. So I need solution which can solve this problem.

Re: Troubleshooting FVS318G - DSL connection problem

The Netgear has released FVS318G with the firewall and VPN facility built into it. There are 8 Gigabit LAN ports provided by FVS318G. When you are connected to the internet with the help of FVS318G which uses DSL connection and you are facing problem then you can easily fix this issue. You need to check the connection thus modem, router etc. Ensure that all the cable is plugged into the correct place. If the cables are not plugged in properly then you may face the DSL connection problem.

If you are facing the DSL connection problem then you can fix it very easily. The steps to repair DSL connections problems are given below:
    1. You need to disconnect the DSL modem power cable from AC power. After disconnecting the modem for some time you need to turn it back on.
    2. Also you need to check the LED lights on the modem. Ensure that the Internet, PC link and Cable link lights are present.
    3. If you are using the third party firewall then you may need to disable it because it may block the network connection. After applying the above solution you may need to open the browser and check if the connectivity issue exits.

You can fix the disconnection problem of DSL by resetting your modem. You may reset the modem by pressing the reset button on the modem. If your modem is not having the reset button then you can reset the modem by shutting the modem. You need to press the power button until the modem gets shut down. After shutting the modem, wait for some time and then start the modem again by pressing the power button on the modem. If the modem is not having the reset and power button then you may need to unplug and plug the adapter. Unplugging and plugging the adapter will solve the connection problem.

The DSL connection might get disconnected because of the virus or malware on your system. You may need to download and install antivirus program that can fix the malware, adware etc on your system. Sometimes virus and computer problems may affect the internet connection problem. After fixing the virus and problem restart the system and start the browser to check if the disconnection issue exits. You need to also check the network connections on your system. You can check the network connection by going to start/control panel. You need to make sure that there is network connection. If the connection is not created then you may need to create it.

The above given solution will fix the problem of disconnection. Suppose if the problem of DSL connections are not resolved from the above given solution then you may need to contact the internet service provider. The internet service provider will fix this issue and get it solved. The technical support at the internet service provider will resolve this issue.