Thread: Netgear DG834v2 has problem after update

Netgear DG834v2 has problem after update

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. I am connected to the internet with the Netgear DG834v2. From last few days I was facing problem with my previous firmware update for my Netgear DG834v2. I downloaded and installed the new update and my problem was solved. Now I can easily connect and browse the internet safely. After updating the router I my internet speed was getting decreased. I need a solution so that I can troubleshoot this problem and have the maximum speed of internet for surfing.

Re: Netgear DG834v2 has problem after update

If your internet speed is getting decreased after doing the updation for the router then you can easily fix it. While updating the router you must be sure that the internet connection is not disconnected. If the internet is disconnected when you are updating the router then you may face certain problem. If the internet connection is on and the router has been updated then you might not face any problem. If your internet speed is getting decreased then you can solve this problem by updating the router again with the latest firmware. Also if the problem of speed is not resolved then you can also try to reset the router. Resetting the router will solve the speed problem.

Thanks for providing me the solution. From the above given solution my problem related to the speed has been solved. I have updated the Netgear router to the latest firmware and now I am getting the maximum speed. Sometimes, Netgear router restricts the internet access and I cannot connect to the internet. I want to troubleshoot this problem so that the issue of restricting access to the internet is solved.

You can solve the internet access issue by adjusting the router settings. To adjust the settings you need to follow the below given steps:
    1. You need to open the browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
    2. You need to enter username and password to access the Netgear website.
    3. You need to verify that your router is setup correctly with the internet service provider and select basic settings for the router.
    4. Click on “Save Changes” to have the new configuration and reboot the router.

If you are not able to access the internet then you can solve this problem very easily. The steps are given below:
    1. You need to shut down the system and reboot the Netgear router. Now when the system restarts it will establish a new connection with the router when you restart.
    2. You need to unplug the Netgear router and Internet modem. You need to wait for some time and then connect the Internet modem.
    3. You need to wait until you get a solid light from the modem. After the light on the modem is displayed it means that Internet modem to completely initialize.
    4. Plug the Netgear router and restart the system. Now you can easily connect to the internet.