Thread: Linux or Windows server

Linux or Windows server

Hi all, I wanted your recommendation on this issue, actually I'm seeing an Linux include network configuration, or windows server 2008 which is not all: P (Network Infrastructure Configuration and select directory. whether my question is which one serves me better jobs? If anyone has better solution regarding this issue then please inform me over here.

Re: Linux or Windows server

I think it's good to learn both operating systems. What I've seen that many companies are focused on using windows but as we see ever more advanced the peak of the free software community (Linux) ... that's why I recommend you learn them. So if you want then you are able to go for this. And If I was there in place of you so I surely go for this. So I will suggest you try this once.

I have never tried Windows Server, or out of curiosity, I cannot give you my opinion, but if I read a little on Google, I realize that is a terrible choice. On the other hand, generally the trend is Linux servers, if you use Windows as a server, will be due to company policy or because the systems administrator feel more comfortable in Windows, much depends on the truth in the eye of the beholder . And if I had to choose, would prove the two and play with them.

To use an operating system, you first choose to use. In case of servers, depends what kind of programming will be used.
    • aspx = Windows
    • PHP = linux

If it is for data or network, they are both good options, but windows would be better because it is more "visual". It all depends on what for. So I hope you just got my point over here.

In general you should learn from the two, if you intend to explore Linux as an operating system user or windows server I would go for the latter at first instance and then the other. Windows server has a very strong presence in companies that have a computer network in which user policies apply centrally from the server, so you cannot do from a Linux server to windows computers. Windows server ensures you study a labor market that has existed for a long time. On the other hand Linux is taking very strong and has a good market share growth that will go on, but Linux users tend to be adept in the use of these systems, which usually does not require a technician, and companies that have networks based on Linux are considerably lower than those with windows networks. Linux find additional resources on many websites and a large community willing to give all their knowledge and tips with no problem, windows exchange server, although there are resources, there is a lesser amount, and the user community is smaller because it is a specialized solution, further that the most valuable course is to learn to use the system, so you can do at home, you are interested you can provide tips, especially how to deal with problems better. Anyway take the course of Linux then you help to enhance knowledge and make more precise questions to the community. Now if they really intended to say in your question, it was windows server or a Linux for servers. So related to this topic my answer would be the same but only for market share, but would immediately end a course on the other, why stay with a market share if I can decide everything? Indeed in some areas Linux has a strong presence in the area of servers, eg web servers, and is sure to continue growing.