Thread: How to secure windows 7 home premium

How to secure windows 7 home premium

I work at an apartment building the public in Mumbai and we contain a community computer for our inhabitants to utilize. For enhanced (or worse) it comes by means of Windows 7 Home Premium, and I require blocking assured functionality of the computer. As such, I contain some query and I haven't found any apparent cut reply on these items.

• How be able to I immobilize save-access intended for a non-admin explanation to the HDD? Eventually, I would similar to inhabitants to be capable to put aside to USB drives, however not to the HDD.
    • Can I put Windows to auto comprehensible any newly opened docs as of the Start Menu?
    • I contain the non-admin account not put as a Guest account since doing so put out of action wireless connectivity. Am I absent amazing in location up the account to job this method? I only contain wifi right of entry on the PC, no Ethernet.
    • Can I chunk consumer from put out of action any backdrop applications?
    • I find the reaction that the majority of this substance I would require to be running windows 7 Pro, but unluckily that isn't a choice. I am hoping that somebody out there has a number of cooperative hints.

Re: How to secure windows 7 home premium

To start by means of, you can improve it to Pro for $80, Newegg's acquire the Anytime Upgrade pack. When you believe what your time's value. But if I were fixed by means of Home Premium, I'd at slightest put up Parental control to start off through. And if the backdrop process is working as SYSTEM or management, they should exist tamper-resistant. Oh and here's a number of additional security proposal: The Parental wheel characteristic really utilize Software Restriction strategy in a limited way.

At the instant, Corporate is not involved in spending cash on this. So I have to create do by means of what I contain However, I actually be grateful for the assist you have known me. With any luck when the after that financial financial plan rolls around they will consider to improve and saving me the time from having to physically preserve the pc! Thanks yet again, I do actually be grateful for the in sequence.

Firewalls avoid other computers from creation illegal network get in touch with by means of your computer. These surplus probes could come from worm-infected computers that are annoying to contaminate your PC, or from human or mechanical hacking assault that effort to admission your computer. When probable, utilize a router as a border firewall to protect your network and your computer from exterior interruption. Then utilize the Windows Firewall as your computers possess firewall, to defend your computer from extra computers that power be on the restricted network, or that power attempt an ad hoc friendship by means of wireless networking. If you make use of a dial-up association to the Internet, then you can't utilize a router, but you be able of still utilize a software firewall. Your software firewall can to defend your computer when you're on an important person else's system in those circumstances, make use of the "No exceptions" or "Block all incoming associations" checkbox from the system.