Thread: Reasons for failure of internet connection in some countries

Reasons for failure of internet connection in some countries

I am student of computer science and studying in university and I need to do project and my topic is “Reasons for failure of internet connection in some countries” and I want some of the information from you because I unaware from this type of large network, if anybody having idea why its happens and how we can find that problems is from entire net work so please give me idea. And give me any symptoms if internet is getting loss in some countries and how it effects and back up for this.

Re: Reasons for failure of internet connection in some countries

There are many reasons for failure of internet connection in some countries at a same time there are lots of large links which are located in under sea that lines are also called wet cables or SEA-ME-WE 4 cable that cable having strong safety than any other these cables are connects to many countries to the different locations. If those lines are getting hampered by any natural calamities then there are chances of internet connection failure in some countries at a same time. for resolving this problem much more time will required and also we can’t do anything on internet and we don’t have back up for this connections failure we have to wait until its solved.

Some months ago there is same issue happened with some countries and it take s around a week to resolve .The slow internet speed is to be blamed on an undersea cable repair going on. The SEA-ME-WE4 undersea cable got cut by some reason a few months ago and is now being repaired.This cable provided internet connections to Europe, the Middle East and South Asia region. It’s mainly affected in India. This lone cable carries around 89% of the traffic load of the above mentioned region.The major internet providers Bharti Airtel and Tata Communications receive Their bandwidth from the same undersea cable.This Is not first case for India its also happened In 2008, an undersea cable cut led to India losing around 50 to 60 percentage of its internet bandwidth.

I thinks you are taking a great topic for your project but for this you need to find out some major information from any of internet providers in your area , because they only know how can effect this situations , they have that large networks which connects different countries . This connects is from undersea cables. About this I don’t have any idea, how it built and how it works. One of the incidences happens in India and Asia pacific countries that you can mention in your project.