Thread: How to decrease number of processes running in windows 7

How to decrease number of processes running in windows 7

I am having a problem that my laptop is installed with windows 7 always about 65-73 processes and I want to know how can I reduce the number of running processes clearly or end those process can be unnecessary in such a way that they should not come back again is there any freeware which can or I quit after anything more I need. Since its consuming a lot of my memory and hence i would like to get this application fixed. Any help in this matter will be appreciated.

Re: How to decrease number of processes running in windows 7

Open the run prompt: type in: "start msconfig" (without quotation marks) will open a dialog window and at the 4th Tab you can disable the services that you do not want to have activated on startup. if you by mistake end some of the essential process then you will have to get it enabled once again for efficient working of your desktop computer. The computer must be restarted if you are not able to execute some application as you disabled some of the programs which are required.

Right click on the Taskbar then simply select the task manager -> processes -> and then stop every process and behold what happened, do not worry, you break anything, unless you start the PC simply has more new and everything is back. Its not possible to disable the processes which are already running and hence i think that there is some other problem which is consuming all of you memory. You can try to scan your system with the help of a good Antivirus application.

Your system seems to have corrupted and hence i would suggest you to scan your system with the help of aa good antivirus application. In my opinion i would suggest you to install the Microsoft Security Essential. This a very powerful antivirus application and even you can get it for absolutely free. Moreover its developed by Microsoft and hence it is reliable for a windows operating system.

The question is: What are they for processes and are they needed? right , Simply reduced to as they can not, then i think you will have to turn off the trigger program. Tasks of Windows should not be stopped just like that since it can make your windows corrupt, even in that case the system may become unstable. You can increase your memory if you want to increase the performance of your system then i think you should try to increase the RAM. Hopefully this would have helped you.