Thread: Troubleshooting ProRat virus on Windows XP

Troubleshooting ProRat virus on Windows XP

I was having Microsoft windows XP operating system installed on my desktop. I was also having Norton antivirus with the latest update so that my system could be protected. My operating system firewall was also turned on. From last few days I am facing problem with my system. My reginv.dll file which is located in the system32 directory was corrupted due to ProRat virus also my antivirus was inactive and firewall was turned off. I need solution providing information about ProRat virus and steps to remove it.

Re: Troubleshooting ProRat virus on Windows XP

The ProRat virus copies itself to the hard disk. It resembles system32.exe directory. ProRat virus acts like a backdoor program which can provide attacker or hacker to gain full control of your system. it automatically opens the port through which the hacker can connect. We can remove ProRat virus from the system very easily by making use of antivirus and other cleaner software.

If your system has been infected with ProRat virus then you can download antivirus software which can remove the ProRat virus from the system. to remove ProRat virus you can make use of PRORAT Removal Tool which is a freeware utility that will find and remove PRORAT virus. PRORAT Removal Tool secures the system against PRORAT virus due to which your privacy was affected. PRORAT Removal Tool scans the system, windows registry and destroys any infection found by PRORAT virus.

If your system has been infected by ProRat virus then you can make use of Spy Sweeper software which is freeware software for removing ProRat virus. Download and install Spy Sweeper on the system. Spy Sweeper software will automatically detect and remove spyware and virus from the system. Spy Sweeper scans the hard disk, windows registry, cookies etc to find the infection.

Thanks for giving me the solution for removing ProRat virus. I have downloaded and installed Spy Sweeper software. After the installation of Spy Sweeper, I started to scan the system. ProRat virus was detected and it has been removed. Also I need a solution so that I can decide that my system has been infected with ProRat virus.

You can easily detect ProRat virus infecting your system. the steps to find the ProRat virus are given below:
    • When the ProRat virus attacks then the system performance degrades.
    • Due to the attack of ProRat virus on your system, new desktop shortcuts icon will be appeared.
    • Your home page will be changed or you will be directed to a different website.
    • While browsing across the internet you will receive unwanted popup due to ProRat virus.
    • ProRat virus can gain full control over the mail box. It will send e-mail, spam etc. with the virus attachment.