Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010

Exchange server 2007 antivirus

Actually the thing is that I am having Norton on the client computer system and it protects the emails that are in the outlook. But the thing is that it only works if the client is active. Now I want to ask that, it will better to buy one more license for the every mailbox that is on the server. Since all the mails are already read under the protection of client. I must have the idea about this thing before I have to pay the double cost for the same job. One more thing we are also facing problem of spam. If any of you can provide any other solution then it will be good on my side. Any related advice will be appreciated.
Old 12-12-2010

Re: Exchange server 2007 antivirus

Well the answer for this will be influenced by one thing that is, whether smart host is involved or not. It is common for installing anti-virus file on an Exchange server end in a disaster. Here are some details on why the following exceptions: Windows \ Temp: is the directory used by the conversion process of the blind. If ever anti-virus file incorrectly identifies content that may be viral, and then removes it ... then you can break the process and you can get the idea what can happen! % Systemroot% \ IIS Temporary Compressed Files: This is the default temporary directory used by IIS to compress files. If anti-virus thinks that it has detected a virus, the result is that the client will not have access to that file. % Winnt% \ Cluster: If anti-virus deletes the database cluster because it thinks that the file is a virus, it comes down to stop the knot! I think that now you can get the idea what to do.
Old 12-12-2010

Re: Exchange server 2007 antivirus

The threat of networks from viruses and other malicious software continues to grow. Small and medium scale businesses only with a powerful, reliable protection solution tailored to their needs in front of the large number of different malware and exploits. Defense products with only a single anti-virus engine provide long ago not provide sufficient protection, whether at the server or desktop level. Broader measures of defense required: To Mail Server best hedge against risks, reviewed GFI MailSecurity incoming e-mails with the same up to five antivirus engines. Reduce the average waiting time for virus signature updates. Combining the strengths of different engine - not a single scanner offers protection against all risks. Best minimize risk of infection. GFI MailSecurity takes over the role of an "E-mail Firewall: viruses, exploits and threats are blocked reliable, as well as targeting companies looking e-mail attacks. Several thousand customers know to appreciate this protection already. The GFI MailSecurity as a comprehensive reporting package, the included reporting tool, administrators also delivers vivid graphics and tables to the understanding of e-mail security patterns in the company.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , ,