Thread: Secure internal network from Hacking

Secure internal network from Hacking

Is it achievable for somebody on the outside network to hack into the network folder shares of an inside network in DHCP. I need to tell several things before that. The both network I am telling are on the dissimilar subnet. Is it possible to hack from Comp-A on an outer network in DHCP. The Comp-A has right to use to both networks and can perceive each and every one shared drives of both the internal and external. Is there a way to block them? I could not use any firewall due to the requirement of the file sharing. What should I do to control Comp-A so that it cannot access the internal network.

Re: Secure internal network from Hacking

I think that it can be possible to hack if it is handled by some professional hacker. Otherwise you need to worry about because a common user cannot able to do that. In case if someone has good Trojan or some payload then it could be possible to attack and gain access. But hacking internal network in your issue is completely depends on the port forwarding and session hijacking. It is possible by this method but really difficult to achieve it.

There are several ways to attack the internal network. One can use internet to exploit it and the other can use direct method. Even from wireless it is possible to hack the server has wifi option. Hack directly from comp-A is difficult without the use of some resources. To prevent hacking I urge you to disable the Remote Desktop feature in comp-A. Use a good firewall program that utilizes some settings so that you can share certain things or resources for a certain client or other network.

There are 3 kinds of security you should consider for securing your internal network from outer network.
    • End-point Security - individual application firewall, existing in on client devices, that implements network access and security rule.
    • Internal Security Gateway - Security enforcement tip that guards the interior network from attacks which can penetrate from unconfident or tainted end-points, servers, or internal hackers also.
    • Host-based Security – To protect from malicious traffic use host monitoring software and configuration.

You can use Hardware firewall in order to secure your network. First understand what is required for your network. Right to use of internet must be controlled and SMTP defense filter should be functional as well. Password complication must be compulsory. Administrative Passwords ought to be handy by authoritative persons only. Malware and Spywares must be infertile and Domain users must not be allocated local administrator access. Firewall software must be installed on every network knot to sieve the malicious attacks.