Thread: Windows 7 is unable to upgrade compatibility of Ethernet Realtek RTL8139/810x

Windows 7 is unable to upgrade compatibility of Ethernet Realtek RTL8139/810x

I have an Ethernet realtek rtl8139/810x family fast Ethernet nic and windows 7 upgrade consultant prompt that we do not have any kind of compatibility information regarding this device. Does that mean that my Ethernet adapter will not work on windows 7? Windows 7 upgrade advisor says that my Ethernet Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC ''We do not have compatibility information concerning this device'' does that mean that my Ethernet is not going to work with windows 7? If you have any kind of suggestion related to this then please help me as soon as it is possible for you. And I just thank you guys in advance.

Re: Windows 7 is unable to upgrade compatibility of Ethernet Realtek RTL8139/810x

Hey I think the solutions which I have it will definitely going to work in your case. Actually when I was facing this kind of issue at that time I have got this solution from one of the official website. So if you want then you can go for this. I hope it will help you as it did in my case. And ya one more thing that do not think that it is not working under the windows 7, actually it works under the windows 7. So you just download it from the link I mean from here.

Re: Windows 7 is unable to upgrade compatibility of Ethernet Realtek RTL8139/810x

Here I just like to consider that it is right that this device will work along with Windows 7. But the bad thing over here is I have also tried this but it is not working in my case. The device does not come into view in Device Manager under Network Adapters, even if I know it exists. And the link which you have given above but it is quite confusing for me. Actually there rtl8139 come into view there, but not the /810 etc. Anyhow, I downloaded the automatic install package but no success. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I want to know over here that have you ever attempted to try the HP site. There you just enter your laptop model and see what it comes up along with. If there are no Windows 7 drivers for it, you are able to download and install the Vista driver in well matched mode. And after that you just go to the Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center. Tick on Change Adapter Settings in the left-hand panel. Does the realtek adapter demonstrate there? If so, the you right-click on it and choose Enable, and see if it now works.

Here I just want to thank you for the suggestion which you have given over here. PCI card, I do not think so. This is the Ethernet adapter built into the machine. As it is noted in one more thread, HP only has drivers for XP. The Ethernet adapter does not come into view in Network and Sharing Center. I am start to suspect that this is one of those things which is use to force you to purchase a new machine if you desire to upgrade OS.