Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2010

Removing Expired certificates from the Admin console

I have got a desktop computer , I have installed Windows Xp opertating system installed in my system, my system has Windows 2003Enterprise Server along with Root Certificate Authority .Buit I have got some issues related to the certificates in my system, since you know that there is Root CA Admin Console . So there I can see plenty of expired certificates which were issued to DC/Computers/Users. I am unable to do it m manually delete because there is a big heap of such certificates Is there a method I can arrange that when any certificates expires they get removed as soon as not only from Admin Console but also from the users computer fall under these local certificate ?
Old 11-12-2010

re: Removing Expired certificates from the Admin console

Well I think this can be done by yourself , I read it in a official site of Microsoft forum and it had been stated that this can be done manually too, but for that you should posses the administrative rights, I think that is why you were not being able to remove those certificates only if you have those rights. If you are not logged in as the administrator that option will be grayed out , because you are not authorized to do so.
Old 11-12-2010

Unfortunately will not be explain you step by step as you completely because you need to mention the browser you are using right now. There are certain error shown that is related to this issues when you attempt to visit visit a website that does not fall under SSL certificate. SSL is a short form of Secure Sockets Layer and mostly does the encryption on a particular web page.
Old 11-12-2010

An expired certificate may exist in on your system in the Intermediate Certification Authorities tab in in your web browser . The AEGIS protocol which is used by AEGIS client and the Intel PROSet software ultimately assess the Intermediate Certification Authorities, locates the expired certificate and terminates the connection, it does not matter what type of browser do you use. If you originally log on to the UI Wireless network and then are deprived from the connection after a minute or two , so for that you will have to remove the Thawte Premium Server .

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,