Thread: Best hardware firewall for small business network

Best hardware firewall for small business network

I have just joined a new which makes me managing the whole network at my place which is in fact has been handled from outside the place. I want to bring every control inside the house for which I am searching the best options for all hardware and appliances. Whole network would be having some around 75 PCs. So which firewall hardware you suggest me to install for this network? I have noticed some Cisco and Barracuda but still I would like to have your recommendations.

Re: Best hardware firewall for small business network

Fortinet - one of the main players in the market for network security and a global leader in Unified Security UTM (Unified Threat Management) launched FortiGate -60C and-60C FortiWifi, two new devices designed multi-threat protection for branch offices of large enterprises, home offices, small businesses and for service providers delivering managed services within the deployment of equipment at customer sites. The new devices provide a level of enterprise-class protection at a very affordable price - and multiplying by ten the performance of the firewall compared to its predecessors - and include the full operating system FortiOS 4.0 MR2. Unlike competitors UTM devices sold at similar prices, and FortiWifi FortiGate-60C-60C show a card slot (SDHC Secure Digital High Capacity) for extended storage, 3G network connectivity, capacity and logging facility reporting in local capacity WAN optimization and easy configuration through its USB interface.

FortiWifi FortiGate-60C-60C include a SDHC card slot and an ExpressCard slot for 3G wireless communications. The features include 4 GB SDHC storage for recording events. The ExpressCard slot supports a 3G wireless card for secure mobile deployments or redundant WAN connections to ensure data availability. In addition, like other FortiGate, FortiGate-60C can be managed remotely via platforms FortiManager and FortiAnalyzer. FortiGate-60C and-60C FortiWifi also simplify the initial configuration and steady through the USB interface and integrated software configuration FortiExplorer. The wizard launches automatically FortiExplorer when the device is connected to a Microsoft Windows PC and allows basic setup required for the deployment of devices on the network or configuration changes.

Application Intelligence is part of SonicWALL Gateway Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Intrusion Prevention Service, and the SonicWALL Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite (SSTC) on the firewall TZ 210, NSA and NSA E-Class. This service enables network security appliances to extend the protection, management and control of traffic on the application layer, without neglecting the traditional threats to the network layer. SonicWALL Application Intelligence Service, classify more than 1100 applications in 18 categories: Facebook, YouTube, SAP, Oracle ...

• Control of applications and content
    • Prevention of Data Leakage
    • Management of the bandwidth at the application level
    • Updates and automated notifications
    • Filtering application for SSL traffic

Intuitive visualization of traffic allows the NSA E8500 display information relating to traffic in a form understandable to rapidly evaluate the network. The integration of advanced networking and remote access allows SonicWALL to monitor and ensure network security, users and applications, traditional and wireless / mobile - and their Terminals - while scanning and disinfectant flows of data across platforms and perimeters.

The powerful filtering capabilities RFDPI (Reassembly-Free Deep Packet Inspection) are allied with Application Intelligence engine built into the NSA E8500, to allow the appliance to inspect hundreds of thousands of simultaneous connections with virtually no delay or limit the file size. Besides the technological scalability, policy management and administration offered by SonicWALL also follows the evolution and growth of customers.