Thread: How can I solve Intel DG41RQ LAN problem with windows 7 and Fedora 10.0?

How can I solve Intel DG41RQ LAN problem with windows 7 and Fedora 10.0?

I presently purchased an Intel DG41RQ motherboard. The onboard LAN was functioning perfectly until I upgraded windows xp to windows 7 and that I installed Fedora 10.0 in my same machine. The onboard Realtek NIC presently accepts no packets (even though it can send them). It is not a router or the cable difficulty since I use the identical connection with my Lenovo laptop and it performs very perfectly. It is driver issue either as the same issue was seen in both Windows 7 as well as in Fedora 10. I also updated my BIOS but to no advantage. I m suffering a big difficulty in connecting to internet. I think that my motherboard lan has issue with the operating system. What are you guys are thinking and ideas for this post? How can able to connect to internet using this operating system.

Re: How can I solve Intel DG41RQ LAN problem with windows 7 and Fedora 10.0?

You will require hanging around for a bios/driver update fix or maybe a new revision of the motherboard. For at present if you unplug the system completely from the power it should come back for a while. Generally motherboard lan fails whenever you update the windows xp to windows 7. I also faced many problems for internet connection. When I update to windows 7 my machine automatically detected the hardware for the internet but after few days when tried to connect with the internet. It was showing me limited access to the internet. So what I had done is that I consulted with technician and he gave me new Lan card. So after that I never faced any problem with the internet connection. Whenever I swap to any of the operating system it never shows me internet connection fails. So my suggestion is that to purchase the new lan card.

Generally in windows 7 whenever you connect any onboard hardware it automatically detects the hardware is connect with the system and itself try to install the drivers for that hardware. If that didn’t happens then we need to install it by us manually so if you have install your driver for the internet connection then try to get the updated driver from the internet connection. You can able to get the update driver through any of the website of the relevant motherboard. So my suggestion is that try to update the driver for the internet connection then try to connect to internet.

It makes no logic where new motherboard equipped with build in LAN port but cannot utilize. I also got the similar problem. Purchased 2 same models and together also work for a month period, then started to give troubles such as while connected to LAN or surfing internet, on and off. The LAN connection will be disconnected and connect again so regularly. Such as high-quality brand with bad quality product so then I update the driver for the windows 7 and for Fedora you need to get the most update version for it otherwise it will not able to connect with the internet. And that to you need get the driver manually Fedora will message you that to update the driver you need to check whether to update the driver for the Fedora.

There have been statement troubles of the G41 chipset when used with older distros and kernels - reportedly the problems has been confirmed with 2.6.28 kernels and above.
    I advise you to do the following procedure :
    1. The most recent version of stable kernel must be updated.
    2. Also, there are several reports that the most recent HDCP content protection settings in BIOS might hinder - PAVP or something. Hunt and disable if found.
    3. do an update for latest packages (apt-get -u upgrade)
    For LAN connection - don't worry, just go out in the retailer’s shop and purchase a support LAN card and plug it in.