Thread: Need Ethernet hub/switch that can be powered from PoE

Need Ethernet hub/switch that can be powered from PoE

Is there anyone who is having information about the Ethernet hub or the switch that can take power from the PoE or to be more precise power over Ethernet? The problem is that currently I am having few networks that I have to install and they are spread over a large area but there is no main wiring. I mean to say that there is source of power. Hence I am searching for the most cost effective solution that can be helpful in this case. If anyone is having effective solution for this kind of problem then let me know about that.

Well according to me the best solution for the problem that you are facing is to use one master hub and this master hub will be powered from main. All the other hubs that are connected will take the power from the master hub through the use power over Ethernet or PoE. This will definitely going to reduce the cost for installing the infrastructure for electricity that has to be designed by qualified electricians. One thing you need to keep in mind that you have to interface not less than 100 Ethernet devices and then you have to distribute them across the site. I hope that this will solve the problem that you are facing.

Power over Ethernet (PoE) allows you to pass a voltage of 48 V (up to 12 watts of power even more) in addition to 100 Mbits. It means that you can pass the data using a UTP or STP. What interest could be drawn from a facility POE? Well actually, there are several reasons for this, firstly, you can plug the equipment in areas of computer network where there are no electrical outlets, for indeed, sometimes a company time of arrival at the premises or the construction of the buildings had not necessarily planned expansion in terms of equipment or personnel and inevitably, the vast majority of electrical outlets and Ethernet end up not being all occupied.

To implement the POE, it is really easy because you simply have a POE adapter between your hub (switch or router) and the Ethernet devices you wish to enter POE. I have installed such equipment in the company I work for all phones on a SIP network core switch operated indoor server and I must say that this system is highly convenient for the management of electrical equipment redundancy and especially fewer cables to hide the side of users. Hence it will be better to go for this for solving the problem that you are having.