Thread: Is it possible to have a sub-network for video streaming

Is it possible to have a sub-network for video streaming

I have a computer server along with xbox, printer, and various other networked devices. All this devices are plugged in the switch. The switch is served by the Ethernet Bridge for the connection with the router. The router is in different area. So I will like to ask you one question that, can I self-contained network in the same room. I want to do this because my room is wired for gigabit and I will be doing lots of video streaming over it. Is there any method localize the traffic, which will allow my components such printer etc to access the rest of my network. I need you support on this, so if you have any idea related with it, then please help me out.

Re: Is it possible to have a sub-network for video streaming

I have gone through your post and I will like to tell you that you can set up a wireless switch to create that 'self contained' network. And after setting this network you can make the use of the wireless potion for connecting it back to your network for the purpose of internet. I have also setup the same network at my home and I will like to tell you that it is working fine. I think I have provide you the require help. If you need more help on this topic, then try to reply me back.

I am facing some problem while streaming live TV. The problem is that I am getting the lag no matter whether I am streaming live TV or just music. First I had thought that the only possible problem could be that bottleneck might be getting created somewhere in the network, but it was not so. I am not able to find out the exact cause of this problem, so can anyone there help me out with this problem. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. Thanks.

As you have mentioned that you are facing the problem of lagging, so I will like to tell you one thing that the streaming quality could be affected by other things aside from the network. I will suggest you to connecting the computers together by a switch and then try out to stream. If still after doing that you are facing the same problem, then the problem is with the computer and not the switch. And if it runs fine, then the problem is with the network. So try out the fix which I have suggested you and see what you get.