Thread: How to open the same ports on multiple IPs

How to open the same ports on multiple IPs

Our network has 3 computers, in which one is my PC and laptop and the other PC is in other roommate room. All 3 use the same router which is residing in my room. We are using a Linksys BEFSR41 v.3 to get high speed internet connection. Everything is fine except in MSN. I am getting much trouble while connecting to MSN. Now what I want is, I wanna open certain ports so that the MSN can able to connect. My system contains eMule and ICQ also which require other ports to be opened. But I cannot do it because the router irregularly assigns IP. If I able to open certain ports, when I boot up the system I get different IP. I need to do the manual settings again and again for proper connection. Now I am looking for a possible way so that I can universally open ports for all 3 systems or IP. Is there any possible way to do this? If you have one please tell me. All the 3 computers use MSN. So it will be better to open those ports at once rather than going through single.

Re: How to open the same ports on multiple IPs

I think it is possible to open certain ports in multiple IP addresses or multiple systems at once. But I don’t get it why do you really want to do like that. If it the issue of MSN itself then why you are going to messing with port forwarding. In order to make the setting like this you need to set the IP address of your computer to static. But the process what you are talking about is very difficult I think.

The setting of ports everything belonging to the router side configuration. First make sure make the IP of the computer static then go to the router settings. Choose uPnP settings which allow you to open required TCP and UDP ports. These settings are not specific for a single IP addresses. This is for all the IP or threads that connected to the router. If the router setting is not responding for changes then reset the router and try again.

There is not big issue in opening the ports on multiple systems at once. You need to know how to configure it first. But in your problem it seems to me that something is avoiding the settings. It may be either the system firewall or the router firewall is not saving ports setup. It is still behaving as default. So you need to disable the firewall then give it a try.

You need to add all the three ip addresses and the ports to the allow list first. That means assigning the DHCP addresses to the MAC of the NICs. On the other hand use MAC address filtering only if your router supports it. Otherwise you need to change the firmware version the router and see whether it will be possible or not. Other important thing is some router itself not capable of doing this. So check your router features before making changes.