Thread: How to find the password of the FRYS router?

How to find the password of the FRYS router?

I have this time the FRYS router with me and the thing here is that I am not able to access the router so that I can make the necessary changes here. Actually the thing is that I was using the same router for the Wireless access and for the Wired as well recently I have found that I can not proceed with the changes. I am stuck at the login page of the router it self. Can you all here please help me with this? Also it will be nice if you can suggest me a way by which I can disable the Wireless connection on it. Any help in both the matter will be heartily appreciated. Please help me with this. I have done no changes with the settings of the Router yet and hence I think that with the default things the condition can be brought under control.

Re: How to find the password of the FRYS router?

Well I think that the answer for your query is very simple indeed and let me tell you that the solution in your case is within the reach of your hand, I mean to say that the Router it self has the password there. All you have to do is turn the Router upside down and see for the Numbers that are printed on the Router. There you will find a Number which will be starting with the SN. What you have to do is see for the Barcode that is placed beneath that, under that barcode you will find other number and that is the default password there for the router. It should work in your case if at all you have not made any changes there. Try this and let me know if you succeeded in doing that for sure.

The default Password and the Username of most of the Router or the Modem are same and it changes only if the ISP or you yourself change them. Well the default username and the password are admin and admin and if this is not the username and the password then admin and password are for sure going to be the preferred value there. Just open up any browser; in my opinion I think that Mozilla will be the best one there in the browser type the following: 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and then you will be able to access the default homepage of the ROUTER. Then you will be asked to enter the username and the password their fill which combination fits in there. I am sure that these steps will really help you in accessing the Router of yours.

Well I think that you must be able to access the Homepage of the Router and after that if you are entering the password and the username correctly then it should allow you in. Well I would suggest you to make a call to the ISP of yours and see if they can help you in any manner. See if they must have made some changes there and hence you are getting the issue. Please ask them what is the issue? Also let me tell you that if you want you can set the settings of the Router to the default. All that is required to be done is press the RESET button that is present at the back of the router. Pressing the button there will set the Router to the default behavior. After that if you do not remember the username and the password then you can ask the ISP or the Tech Support to help you out with this scenario. I am sure that they will have no difficulty in giving you the default password and the username here.

I was stuck with the similar situation but let me tell you that the scenario of my case was pretty simple and I was also able to access the Home Page of the Router but after entering the Password and the Username I found that I was not allowed to move further. I really could not find what can be the issue here and then I realized that actually the LAN port in my case was not working and hence I was not getting access further. I came to know about this when I cleared the History of the Browser and then when I tried to access the Home Page there I found that the Home Page was not getting accessed and then I finally switched to the USB cable and then I realized where the actual fault was. See if you are also stuck with some similar issues.

Thanks for the reply that you have posted here and I think that I am also stuck with the exact same situation of yours and I think that I will have to get the replacement of the Motherboard and see if they can have this replacement done at the earliest. As I do not have the EXTERNAL LAN card I think that I will have to see for the replacement and in addition to this I have the things under warranty. Also that was the wired issue however but then why can I not access the router wirelessly. I do not get any post in this respect. Well that is the case for which I will be waiting here and would also love to have the post for the DISABLING the Wireless connection on this Router. Please come up with this too. Till then I will keep my self hooked up here.