Thread: How to avoid intruders from hacking WiFi network?

How to avoid intruders from hacking WiFi network?

I have the WiFi network here and the thing is that I have some sort of security breach here on this network. I have seen that when I try to view the MAC ID List I have seen some of the intruders here. Can you all please help me with keeping the network secure? Because of this intruding I have seen that the bill has really risen and it is really coming high on my pocket. I do not use the Internet so much but he bill was the initial clue for this. I have the D-Link DSL-G604T wireless router can you all please tell me what can be done here. Any suggestions on this will be really appreciated. Can you tell what is the reason that they are able to perform this breach and how can I avoid them or say how can I stop them from accessing the Network?

Re: How to avoid intruders from hacking WiFi network?

Well looking at the things that you have just mentioned I think that they must have found the password of the WiFi network of yours and I think that if you will change it then you will be able to have a secure WiFi connection in your case. Please see you make the necessary changes here and let me know after doing this you were able to get rid of the issue that you are facing at the moment. Just access the default page of the Router and change the password to really something tough and I am sure that will help you to keep your WiFi secure. You can keep the password by making combination of the small and big alphabets and in addition to that if you want you can make use of the numerals so that you can make the scenario a bit tougher.

What is there you are using for the security? Are you using the WEP? If that is the case then I think that you should look for something bigger. I think that it will be better if you can have WPA and WPA2 in your case. It is much much better than the WEP and if you are using this then I think that switching to the WPA or WPA2 will be a great idea to go with. If possible you can go with the WPA2 and that is too much secure one here. It is developed by the Wi-Fi Alliance. It is made in such a manner so that wireless computer networks can be secured here. WPA is much powerful and can be used to resolve the difficulties that the weak WEP headers have. So if you are having WEP then I think that going with the WPA and WPA2 will a better one to go with.

You can make use of the Firewalls here so that you can tighten up the security here and here is the way by which you can have this done. Actually Firewall can be used in multiple ways and in one way it can be used here so that you can have the WIFI secured here. It can avoid the Hackers if at all they are trying to access the WiFi network of yours. Here there is really a small thing that you will be required to do. I would suggest you to make use of some Firewall Software so that the security here can be tighten here a lot. One that I can suggest you at this moment is to make use of the Zone Labs' ZoneAlarm which is available for free. Hope that can help you a bit with the scenario of yours.

The first thing that you need is to defense the Wi-Fi network is by means of encryption. With the help of encryption the required data that is needed to be transferred between the PC and the Wireless router is done in a secured manner. When the router are brought in they do not have the encryption ON in them and in addition to this most of the users do not have this turned ON and so I would suggest you to see if you have made it enabled. On the Wireless Secure Scale Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) is less secured when compared with the Wireless Protected Access (WPA) or the WPA2. See if you are missing on this and let me know if at all you were able to get out of the issue here.

Well I was having the issue here with the Wireless Connection of mine and hence I have changed the default Username and default Password and that really helped me with the security issues here. See if you can have this done so that you can have the WiFi connection of yours secured. In addition to this please see that you have the WAP and the WEP encryption enabled. Then change the SSID so that you can have the WiFi secured. Avoid using the Auto Connect to open WiFi networks. Now enable the Firewall on the Router and the system of yours.