Thread: Connection is lost due to loose NIC

Connection is lost due to loose NIC

I have got a desktop computer system with windows 7 being installed in. I bought it 3 years back but upgraded to Windows it around 6 to 7 months back. I made a bit of alterations in the configuration I installed the i3 core processor from intel instead of the old AMD one and upgraded the RAM s well and extended it upto 4 GB. I had installed a new network adaptor as well before 7 months, I do not know what is wrong but every now and then my connection is lost. Each an every time I have to restart the system in every half an hour.

Re: Connection is lost due to loose NIC

It seems that your NIC is the main culprit of those issue so must be getting a message that displays an error with default gateway is not there, I will ask you one thing which will help you to diagnose the issue first and then isolate it to the core issue. If you know how to open the computer chassis then please open it and check the network card in it. If you think It is loose in connection , then please unplug it from the PCI slot and and reseat it or place it again to its slot, restart the system again and see whether the issue is resolved or not. Let me know if it works.

I did whatever you had told me to do. I opened the system tower , laid it down and then took out gently the mother board from it and laid it down. I removed the NIC from the motherboard and gain I plugged it back , turned on my system and checked the connectivity and for a while I felt content that it worked then after an minute or so it lost the connection again.

Did you bought the NIC along worth the system I I had faced the same issue you are facing right now , my brother had told me to uninstall and also been told to uninstall the drivers that came along with the drivers and let the Windows operating system itself recognize its drivers and it will get downloaded and installed by its on its own whenever it feels necessary. I do not think at all that this is due to the loose connection.