Thread: 1000 mbps LAN card showing 100 mbps

1000 mbps LAN card showing 100 mbps

I have a problem with my network card. I had purchased a new 1000 mbps network card, because as per my internet usage I need more speed in my internet. previously I had using 100 mbps card with wireless router that time its shows on screen on local area connection speed 100.0 mbps but problem is after installing 1000mbps network card its showing same and I also not getting speed as I want form new card . I don’t know what is the exact issue if anybody know then please let me know and give the suggestions for this.

Re: 1000 mbps LAN card showing 100 mbps

I think its problem with your router settings because the connection which come in your computer its comes from router then in your computer. so I am giving you some steps for setting up router with 1000 mbps network card that are s follows:
    • Keep less distance in between your computer and router. You can also demand from your Internet Service Provider for fiber optic internet connection for better speed.
    • Make power supply on and connect router to the out let.
    • Now connect your Ethernet cable to router and your internet connection.
    • Now restart your router by using button on router and Ethernet port s and check on the screen for the network card speed.
    • Connect an Ethernet cable from one of your router's ports to an Internet connection outlet.

I think your network card might be installed correctly but there is problem with your connection setup with other networking devices like router or switch .
    Here I am giving you some required steps for the connection setup for solving your issue that are:
    • Connect LAN cable form your computer to your router directly.
    • Now start your computer.
    • Confirm that network icon which you can see on right side on the taskbar.
    • If you not getting that icon on your taskbar or it still showing you 100 mbps then go in control panel, and click on control panel.
    • Now go on network connection if the status is showing not connected then you have to contact with you service provider.

It can be various reason for this problem that are:
    • If your driver for that new 1000 mbps network card is not properly installed or corrupt then you can face this problem.
    • If router is not had configured with new setting of 1000mbps network card then this problem will occur, in this case you need to contact that routers manufacturer service center.
    • If your new network card is damaged or faulty then also you can get this problem.