Thread: Unable to connect Xbox 360 to computer with a switch

Unable to connect Xbox 360 to computer with a switch

I have an Xbox 360 connected with my computer system like USB cable from the cable modem to the PC and then the ethernet cable from the cable modem to the Xbox 360.In this way I establish the internet on both Computer and Xbox 360. Everything is going fine but the speed that I am getting is low due to the USB cable. So I have purchased a switch to get the faster access. But the thing here is that I am not able to connect both of them. Here is what I did, the computer is connected to the switch and the xbox 360 is also connected to it. Now I am getting internet on my system and also on the xbox 360 but there is no connection between the system and the xbox. I don't know why it is not letting me to do so. So please help me to establish connection between them.

Re: Unable to connect Xbox 360 to computer with a switch

I think you are not on the right track you must have purchased a router instead of the switch. Actually the thing here is that your PC and the Xbox are not really on the same LAN. And that is due to the switch, and until they are not on the same one it will not show you the establishment of connection. So better go with the router and the see whether the connection is taking place or not.

Well I think that the connection is not done properly and if you want that there should be an establishment of connection between the system and XBOX then you must check whether they are connected properly or not. I mean to say that do a connection test and see whether there is any issue with the connection and if you found something fishy then just fix it. I hope that connection test will help you to determine the problem and then you can resolve the same.

It seems to me that you connection is established on WAN that is nothing but wide area network and if you need that there should be a connection between the computer and Xbox 360 then you have to bring them on LAN. And also use the router instead of the switch. Switch is especially not prepared for all this stuff. You can use the router for the small connection.

I have changed the switch and then used router instead of it and now I am not getting any issues. Actually the switch is the one that was giving me problem so I changed it to router and it is doing wonders for me. So thank you very much for your vital solutions and also for spending the vital time for finding the solution.