Thread: Not able to get Wireless-N from Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN

Not able to get Wireless-N from Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN

I have bought Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN in for my notebook but I'm not receiving wireless-N speeds. My router is wireless-N that is of D-Link DIR-655 and my PC using a Ralink RT2870 USB adapter is linking now fine at wireless-N at the speed of 270 Mbps. I have attempted all method on the router in order to get the wireless-N and I was failed in my mission. In fact the WiFi Link 1000 BGN will not able to link at all while the router was in and only manner. In the NIC settings I made it "802.11n Mode" and set to permit and I shuffled the "802.11n band Width for band 2.4" and set among 20 MHz and Auto and till now I could get G speeds. So please give me your idea regarding this issue.

Re: Not able to get Wireless-N from Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN

I have just the same problem with other router and with the new notebook. And old notebook is able to be seen of n mode. I have called router support center and they told me to communicate with the laptop developer. After that I have called to the laptop developer. But they were helpless, and then I did a conference call through both developers. They told that there is an N mode for 2.4 GHz which make it baffling accepted wisdom it's 5 GHz, but it seems to be only 2.4 GHz. The 'solution' granted was to buy an exterior adapter or else new computer which will support it.

I have same issue with the same router. To solve that I have started searching on Intel's forums and for the like model NICs all have the similar problem along with the identical router. I found that the solution stay in allowing the WPA2 or AES or allowing the QoS which give the best connection setting or give permit to WMM or with the mixture of any two of these or else allow all of the options. And it will fix the issue.

I was also suffering the same problem with my notebook then I got the conclusion, with my new HP notebook. The intel Link 1000 BGN supports barely at 2.4 GHz frequency, Although but I have a five year old notebook which is has Intel based wifi card and had potentiality to function at 5 GHz. I hope that I have wasted my two days in searching solution of this issue.