Thread: Transfer rate in Wireless LAN are extremely less

Transfer rate in Wireless LAN are extremely less

Hello! Friends, I have two computers connected with D-Link DIR655 802.11n. On my both computer I have installed D-Link DWA552 802.11n PCI network Card. It has provided me an enormous connection speed of 300Mbps to the router on both systems. My ding moment with the router is 1ms. But am suffering from badly trying to identify the reason that why my LAN transfer rate is such a less. I came to know this issue as soon as I go to transfer a file my one computer to another connected in LAN. My transfer rate is 2m/sec while generally with other it use to provide 35/sec. So please have you any idea how to solve this issue then post it I am waiting for it.

Re: Transfer rate in Wireless LAN are extremely less

Hi! There might be the chances that you most likely have leeches using your bandwidth because you have no precautions facilitated. And if you have freestyle phone that is along with the same transmit frequency as your WLAN is using to transmit the data then that can also be the reason of intrusion during data transfer. Otherwise if you’re fellows citizen has a WLAN who is using the same channel as you are using it can also cause problem of low transfer rate.

Hello! Lemog, I didn’t have any leeches because I am able to monitor that that is connected to my system and my router. And I am also confident that there is no interference with my WLAN. My system is side by side to each other and I have chosen the most favorable bandwidth so that my link is secure to 100% from the systems to the router. I think there might be fault with the computer or the router.

Alright in the mean time as your speeds slick yet for wireless. Then I will suggest you not to go to in excess of data transfer. You should install your router to only broadcasting approach. Established the data into the crunches of data and then you should go to the process of transfer. So that it should fit into the bandwidth and can be transfer easily. And go for installing updated driver and use updated antivirus because some time virus can make the process slow.

The very primary obsession is you should know that how speed is calculated and indicated. After that speeds will be given back in kilobytes, kilobits, megabits or MB/sec. And the general basis of misunderstanding is the variation between a byte and bit. You should know that 1byte is equal to 8bits and the 12MB/s; if you're actually receiving 1.5 MB/s. few courses report back in bytes and a few in bits format, it depends on which the program that you are installing.