Thread: Trouble with Linksys WUSB54GC v3 adapter

Trouble with Linksys WUSB54GC v3 adapter

I am functioning on a windows 7 64 bit, have used up more than a few days attempting on the way to install as well as make use of a Linksys wusb54gc v3 adapter, by means of no luck. Windows compatibility list state that it is compatible need a download from Cisco website. At what time I go on the way to the linkage offered the device is not yet listed there. After this I Have gone on the way to Linksys as well as downloaded newest drivers, for vista 64 bit, which create no variation. Have also tried on the way to install in compatibility mode, bring up to date drivers as of from device manager, which state that the device is functioning correctly. What am I omitted? Any assist would be respected.

Re: Trouble with Linksys WUSB54GC v3 adapter

I too had the similar trouble. Linksys driver designed for the WUSB54GC, ver3 by no means did load properly on my computer. Furthermore, the latest driver they are providing by means of their website by no means "took" on Windows 7. In my aggravation subsequent to 3 days of penetrating the web for respond as well as dealing by means of this, I lastly determined on the way to bond on the Linksys WUSB54GC, ver3 adapter. I after that look for a "superior" adapter that confirmed specially that it was companionable by means of Windows 7 . Subsequent to searching the Internet, the most excellent answer I originate was the Belkin Play Hi-Performance Dual-Band Networking N+N 300 adapter, v1000. I purchase that adapter as well as uninstalled the whole thing linked on the way to the Linksys/Cisco adapter. The whole thing is functioning the technique I predictable it on the way to as well as the speeds is burning. Subsequent to that, I am a supporter in Windows 7 as well as IE8. What an remarkable dissimilarity as well as each and every one for the reason that of a stupid driver problem.

Cisco own Linksys, which is why you obtain the note on the way to go to Cisco.com. What do they state regarding the device? What take place at what time you attempt on the way to install the Vista 64 bit drivers?I have downloaded and Installed the driver in vista compatibility mode, make sure in device manger state that it is functioning correctly. Go on the way to control connections whispered that it was disabled. At what time I enabled it I obtain the BSOD.

At what time I setup my residence network I completed it as a result just precise MAC address be able to make use of it. Did you probably perform that as well as fail to remember regarding it? I talk about it for the reason that I fail to remember it one time as well as went crazy attempting on the way to discover the trouble at what time I added a Roku (Netflix) box to my network.

Ensure your adapter is associated doesn’t issue if you are energetic as well, it
    will attach, it do for me.
    1) Go to network plus sharing center and
    2) click –“ set up a new connection or network”
    and select – “manually connect to the wireless network “
    3) After that type your network
    wireless connection name you require on the way to connect too accurately
    4) Select your security kind, in my case it was wep. This will as well offer
    the setting for encryption type
    5) As a result go to next - security key and type out the
    security password that remain your wireless protected accurately!
    6) You be able to select to select on the way to have it attach automatically.
    7) On one occasion that is done it at a standstill won't attach however you will have completed your connection
    8) Go to network connections on the left and click the wireless
    connection icon, it will get a network connection status window.

Here how I did it: downloaded win 7 64 driver from cisco. No setup or installation required. Put the adapter in the USB. Internet working.