Thread: How to set up Linksys WPSM54G on my new windows 7 compatible laptop

How to set up Linksys WPSM54G on my new windows 7 compatible laptop

In my Dell computer, I am accessing internet regularly. I am having the Linksys WPSM54G router, I am a student and not familiar with the technical terms, so I am not able to configure the router with my machine, which is running under windows 7 platform. I tried with the user manual which is provided along with the router package, but by followed that one; I am not able to connect them. What should I do? Is there any requirement for the configuration? Any information regarding this will be appreciated me very much.

Re: How to set up Linksys WPSM54G on my new windows 7 compatible laptop

If you are using any external device in your machine, like the printer or other devices, then remove them during the installation. Now connect the router with the machine, if yes connect via the cable or the USB then plug the device with the router and turn on the print server, the machine will detect the router automatically. Press the set button and follow the screen instruction, which will flesh in your machine screen. This is the simple way to configure the router with the machine, and complete the configuration reboot the machine and along with restart the router also, and then connect the machine with the router and try to open any of the web page.

During the configuration you need to insert some of the information’s, like the network name, some other information like internet service provider name along with that you need to create a profile with the user name and password, this will need while you access the router. If this is the wireless router then make sure that the driver is installed properly. You can easily install the driver, after download from the driver application from the manufacture web site, you simply follow some of the instructions to install the driver into your machine before configure the machine with router. During the router configuration turn off the wireless service from your machine.

connect your machine with the network by using the Ethernet cable, so that you can access that one from the machine, now connect with the router, for the configuration you need to specify some of the information to configure the router with network, a valid username and password is needed to insert while you are log in to the network. The driver and firmware is needed to install properly in the machine with proper instructions. Then you have to configure the router with network.