Thread: Default gateway unavailable in windows 7

Default gateway unavailable in windows 7

Hey I am working on window 7.in my system Windows 7 workings as well as looking fine; there is one main problem which makes threats to derail the whole experience for me. Some times a day, the default gateway happen to unavailable, this means that the computer running Windows 7 be unable to find internet connectivity. As soon as the internet get down, I go to the Troubleshooter as well as repair the Network adapter plus its finds that the "default gateway is not available”. So please give me your opinion to solve my problem.

Re: Default gateway unavailable in windows 7

From my opinion you are speaking about your home internet connection. You can try this first to resolve issue related to Default gateway not available for that you have to go to start button then all programs and then accessories after that right-click on command prompt in addition to press "run as administrator” then, in the command prompt window type these two lines with no quotation marks":"netsh int ip reset reset.log" then hit enter; as well as then, type:"netsh winsock reset"
    and then, restart your system.

if you are still not working properly and not getting solution to your problem then power down your system, unplug your modem as well router if you have one plus wait for 1 minutes and after that plug them back in And then wait for the modem and router to finish booting up as well as turn your system back on if even you are not working correctly, run a malware bytes full scan. May this will help you get solution to your problem.

I think your router is not alert of in what operating system you are working on. It utilizes universal network protocols that are the similar among all versions of windows, Linux, etc. the just one thing specific to windows 7 that would be an problem, is if Ipv6 is getting in the way. For that open network as well as sharing center, press on local area connection and then press Properties, after that un-check Internet Protocol version 6 and then press ok button.

The default gateway will be a symbol of your router. What address is it? It is often set up as the first IP address in your Home networks subnet. So, for example, if your Subnet is 191.167.1.x, so your DFGW would be 191.167.1.3. Try issuing an ipconfig/release to observe if you get the accurate settings back. You be able to issue, in a command prompt ( cmd ) ipconfig/all. That will show you all your settings for your connection. Notice what the Default Gateway says. Or you be able to now post the output of that command here.

Hey if you are getting the message that the “default gateway is not available" then from my opinion there is only one thing that your default gatway is not able to get the router. Generally if the default gateway is not found the router then you need to do a firmware update if you want to work correctly with Windows 7.