Thread: Not able to install software program in domain machine

Not able to install software program in domain machine

I configure a network connection in my HP laptop. I configure liken from any other workstation we can produce for our user. I divide the user in two parts like the domain users are in the power user and remote users are in the computer management. As well I make the hard drive as like the permission of this structure. The problem is installing any software into the domain machine, but the machine is not allowed me to install the software. These are very much needed for me. Anyone can suggest me to how fix this problem from my domain machine? any input regarding this will appreciated.

Re: Not able to install software program in domain machine

I think that the permission to install any software in your domain machine is not permitted, there some of the permissions which are set during the configuration of machine with the network. In that permission some authorities regarding to run the server in your machine and what are the jobs that you can able to perform in your machine will be declared. I think the permission to install the software in your domain machine is not configured so if you are very much needed to install the software then set the permission to share the network folder in domain machine. Also you can also do the same task by other way, you have to create the share network folder where you will install all the software applications and those are not need to store in domain server. You can easily install the application domain machine and in future if needed then you can apply this to the client machine by the server.

Log in to the domain machine with administrator user Id and password; create a share folder in your domain machine where you can easily insert the Microsoft Windows Installer package (.msi file). Now go to the permission option and make the permission to share the shared folder that you created in server, also allow of the packages. Copy and paste installer file into distribution, as the operating system that you are using. And double click on installer file and select administrator installation process, in this way you can easily install the software program in your machine. Try this.

The software application that you are trying to install and along with that if you are willing to share with the client machines then you need to group policy object in the machine from where you accessing server, this will also allow the group of user to access the same software from different domain machines. For that click on start menu option and then administrator tool option, where look for Active Directory Users and Computers. Under that click on the Group Policy tab and the new option, types the name of newly created policy suppose (windows vista distribution). Now go to properties window and from there enter in to Security tab, select the clear the Apply Group Policy, check box option and click on OK. Now go for assign a package in your machine with the package program, to assign the package run the server, make sure that you are logged in into machine with the administrator user name and password. Right click on domain and go to properties. Under that expand the software setting and select the software from the drop down list and if this one not listed then you need to browse the application from your machine. for instance the file path will looks like, D\Software\Photoshop.exe, select it and first insert it into the package folder in your machine and then you can able to install the application.

This is as much as simple you simply create a folder in your domain machine and sharer the folder into network and give the full permission to access the folder. Now insert the software installer file into that folder. And log in into your machine with the administrator user ID and password, other I don’t think so it will not allowed you to install the program. By this process you can also easily access the folder as well share the installation file from the shared computers with the network. You need to do the same process. You can do one more from the shared folder you can paste the set up file of software application in the machine and install that one into the machine, but for this you can again make [permission of installer software in the domain machine. you might be need to configure the IP address of your machine during share the installer file throughout the network.

I recommend you to add a new domain controller in the existing domain machine or the server which is taking place with the configuration of TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS), if you are willing to do the operation that you mentioned in your machine then you need the domain setting other else need the client setting. For create the active directory you first of all need to run Active Directory Installation Wizard, and there you should create the Active Directory replica and other thing is that File Replication Service (FRS), which is needed for the system volume. Along with that you need the restored system state backup process, because during this you data in the machine might be loose, so you need to back up those files. This one also during the creation of Active Directory and Sysvol (System Volume) replicas. By using a Unattend.txt file create the answer file, for controlling the domain functions. After all the processes run the test process for checking whether they are correctly applied or not. Don’t apply them directly into the server before taking the test. Because if there is any mistake happens then this will might be crash the network connection. Now add the domain controller to remote sites, if you are doing any other task in domain machine then you need to perform some other things like, after adding this for shipping the date or the additional domain then you have to need to install additional domain in your server.