Thread: How to set up pc as public IP and then exposed to internet

How to set up pc as public IP and then exposed to internet

I have desktop computer running on windows XP. I want to setup mu computer and router is such a way so that I can expose the computer to internet. So how can I do this? I have connected my computer to the router with the help of direct cable. I am using TP link TL-WR740N router. Is there anyone who has done this or have some idea about it? Please try to help me out. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: How to set up pc as public IP and then exposed to internet

In order to do this setup you will have to use NAT and Port Forwarding. For making the use of this you will require to have an IP address. You can make the use of any of your IP address for doing that. I have also used the same method with my computer. And it works very well without any problem. So try it out and see what you get. Do remember to reply me back.

As most of the routers have the DMZ function on them, so you can make the use of it. First you have to put the IP in to the DMZ. This must be the same IP which you want to explore. Now you will be able to set up your computer as public IP. Now the traffic which does not have any predefined rule will be forwarded towards your computer. Hope have helped you. If you require more support on this, then reply me back.

I am facing some problem so I require your help on this. I have connected my router to a router and I have set up my pc as public IP, but I am facing some problem with it. The problem is that it gets connected very well and even the traffic is diverted towards my computer, but in between the process I lose the connection with the router . This thing happened twice with my internet connection. I am now looking for a solution to solve this issue. Do help.

I have referred all the posts, but I have tried the solution of using the DMZ. I have put one of my IP in it and now I have successfully setup my computer as the public IP. My computer is also receiving some traffic over the internet. All together it is worked well for me. It was a wonderful solution as was very easy to implement, so I will like to give my thanks to you.