Thread: How to do 2 wire port forwarding

How to do 2 wire port forwarding

This is really confusing from my side and I will try to explain the problem that I am facing. Currently I am having Home network that comprises of two desktop computer system and it have same FTP program and it is installed on each. I mean to say that it is having its own server. The other thing is that I having two web pages that is having the links on both the servers. Previously I was having gateway and now that is linked with the WebPage 1 and it is forwarded to the port that is on computer system 1 and the other webpage that is webpage 2 link is forwarded to a different port number. I meant to say that it is forwarded on computer system 2. Now the thing is that I am having 2Wire 2700HG-E Gateway and I want to setup this thing in similar manner but the problem I am facing is that I am not able to forward the different ports on different computer system. What will the procedure for doing this? If anyone has any related reply then please let me know about the same.

Re: How to do 2 wire port forwarding

As far as I know my friend the port forwarding only works for the ports and it will not work for the programs. The thing is that you are only allowed to forward different ports to different computer systems. According to the description that you have given I think that you have designed a routing table for your previous setting for routing to your previous settings. For doing this you have to configure your each server to the “listen” for each port. After that you can forward port 80 request to all these ports. For example if you are running the server or to be more precise you are running two apache server then you will set one port to listen from the port 8060 and the second port to listen on 8061. I hope that this will definitely solve the problem you are facing. If you have any other issue then let me know about that and I will try to resolve that issue as soon as possible.

Thank you for the helpful reply that you have given for this problem. Using this gateway it will be necessary to change the firewall settings. This is required for allowing the programs for getting through. This problem was coming because I was not having idea about it or you can say that I was having lack of knowledge. The thing is that if I am allowing the list of gateway that will allow this to be added to one of the computer system. But I think that if I am giving the port its own program then everything is working perfectly. Anyways thanks once again. If you have any other suggestion then please let me know about the same that will really help me.

I have two computers and a modem router from Bell (the famous 2wire): a computer system with windows XP connected with a cable to the router and a laptop connected wirelessly with vista The router has the: 192.168.2.1, computer system: 192.168.2.12 and the Laptop: 192.168.2.31. I can ping the router from computer system and Laptop, but no connection between the computer system and the laptop, I cannot ping the computer two of them. I do not understand the BCP networks and how it works, tech support told me that this possible, but it fails to make it work. Here is my configuration Private Network, Router Address: 192.168.2.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, DHCP Range: 192.168.2.10 - 192.168.2.254, Allocated: 5, Available: 240. Can you provide the solution for this problem? I will be waiting for the related reply.

I am not sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing. But you can try to solve the problem. If the problem is solved then do not forget to provide your feedback, so that it can help others if they are facing the similar kind of problem. Create accounts with passwords, and ensure that these accounts are found in the same (name + password) on each computer (Config panel / user accounts). In the "Network and Sharing Center" define the network as a private network -> FON-DA-MEN-TAL. Check "Enable Network Discovery". Check "Enable printer sharing (if necessary). Check "enable shared public folders". Check "Enable sharing password protected". Set the permissions ("Security" tab) "going well" on files and folders (NTFS). Define the partitions (tab "sharing") "going well" on the issues (FAT and NTFS partitions). Check the configuration of the firewall on each machine that following ports are allowed: TCP 139, TCP 445, UDP 137, and UDP 138. Verify that the TIME (and date!) Is the same everywhere! (At time zones around if you're in a VPN internationally). VISTA refuses outside connections if the system time of the machine remote is different (a few tens of minutes apart).

Do not get me but the thing is that, the solution that you have provided is nothing to do with the problem I am facing. If you have not clearly understood the problem that I am facing then please read the post that is given above. In simple words the problem that I am facing is that I am facing problem in connecting things that is my computer system, my laptop and the router that I am having. If you have any related solution for that problem then please let me know about that. Anyway thanks for reading the problem and attempting to provide a solution for the problem that I am facing.