Thread: Windows 7: D-Link Wireless Adapter not working properly

Windows 7: D-Link Wireless Adapter not working properly

Running a windows 7 compatibility machine, which is basically used for the internet access, using the D-Link wireless network router, which is compatible with my machine specification. There is a problem with the internet access, which is getting very slow from few days. I update the driver version but still why this problem is occurring. I can able to see the wireless network, but not able to connect. I reboot they machine and along with that I also reboot the router but does not get any positive response from this. What should I do to solve this issue? Any input will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Windows 7: D-Link Wireless Adapter not working properly

This might be prevent by the firewall option of your machine, make sure that your firewall is active but does not prevent you to stop accessing of a particular web page or almost all pages. If you are using the windows firewall protection then enable the automatic check to configure the settings. Though this option will also avail in the third party firewall application. Open the firewall application windows and switch to security option, where look for the web site access which will be listed in the right panel. If there is any web site will be listed that you are not able to access the web page. After apply the changes reboot the machine along with that I suggest you also reboot the wireless router. I hope this time you will able to connect the machine with network.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I suggest you to update the driver because I was faced the similar issue, but after update my Linksys wireless router now I am able to connect the router with network. So I am going to explain the process which is works for update the driver. Go to the device manager either by right click on my computer and then proceed to properties and expand the driver tab or by enter device manager in to the search command line argument. It will open the device manager windows, from there look for the wireless driver tab; select on update by right click on it. Reboot the machine, and try to make the connection, I hope this will definitely help you. if this will not works then I recommend you to try with the Broadcom wireless driver, this compatible with almost all types of machine specification.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

If you are in your home network and tried to connect with the outside network, then this connection cannot be made. This can able if the network in which you are willing to connect is in your home network and give you the authentication to access that network. This can also be able if between the machines the sharing facility is enabling. And if this problem is happening in your home network then I think it needed to reconfigure with the network. Open the network connection and select the network that you are using or willing to make the connection. Now by right click on it and proceed to properties and check all the options are properly configured.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Make sure that all the connectivity options in your machine are proper, along with that reinstall the software application. Be sure that you are connection with your home network service. I suggest you to change the authentication settings of the router with the network. Go to the network connect, and under the network properties of that you are using go to then authentication tab and check whether the user name along with password and other settings those are needed for make the authentication is properly configured. This problem might be occurring for the mis-configuration. During the changes be sure that your wireless service is turned off. As per my knowledge some of the routers are not support or not compatible with the latest windows vista and windows 7 features. So check the modem. To check whether the modem is fully compatible with the windows environment or not by using Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool, this is an online process.