Thread: Cisco RVL200 SSL VPN not working on Windows 7 with IE8

Cisco RVL200 SSL VPN not working on Windows 7 with IE8

We have been using Cisco RVL200 router in our office network. We have recently upgraded our system from Windows XP to Windows 7 in order to be with the new technology but I think that was our wrong decision. In fact since then we are facing a lot of problems and we are helpless to all of these. The problem is that the SSL VPN on this computer isn't working. We have tried this with IE8 and don't know if the problem lies with Windows 7 or IE8. Am I the only one who is having this problem or is there anyone else who faced the same issue and if by chance got the solution? Can you please help me?

Re: Cisco RVL200 SSL VPN not working on Windows 7 with IE8

I think the problem lies with your Windows 7. I can confirm this because the problem never occurred when you were running Windows XP and so may the new operating system is the cause of the problem. In that case why don't you downgrade and reinstall Windows XP on a single computer to make sure the problem lies with the new operating system. If that works then probably your new operating system is buggy and you need a new installation disk. Also check that you have the final version of Windows 7 before you start the installation. Once you have the disk, try to install it on a single computer and test if you get whatever you want.

I think the problem is with your IE8. May be it is being blocked by your router for the connection. Ensure that Internet Explorer is listed in the allowed list to pass the network traffic from it. Also make sure JavaScript and ActiveX is allowed on IE8. If that doesn't solves the problem then also check if you have any settings in your Windows Firewall. If there is then take the necessary actions and then test the VPN connections once again. If nothing of the above solves the problem then I would recommend you to disable the antivirus program as well as the Windows Firewall and then retest the thing once again.

I think the problem lies neither with Windows 7 installation nor with Internet Explorer 8 but with the drivers. I think you didn't have installed any drivers supporting your Windows 7. If you have then may be it is either not properly installed or it is corrupted. To check this go to Windows Desktop, right click on My Computer and click Manage. Left click on the Device Manager and see if you have any exclamation marks over there. If there is then you lack the drivers. If not, then you have to recheck if the drivers which you have installed is compatible to Windows 7 or not. This is required to meet the system requirements.

Did you reconfigured your router and/or computer for the VPN connection? Since you have installed a new operating system on your computer you have to perform necessary changes either on the router or on the computer to accept the VPN connection. If you don't know what all changes you need to have then you can consult about the same with your network administrator and ask him to perform the changes.