Thread: Anyone Still Using Their WRV54G

Anyone Still Using Their WRV54G

I am still using WRV54G router from a long time. I have recently faced some problem with my router. It is not responding properly. I can notice my router sometime hangs and I don't have internet. I have to reboot my router to get internet back. I don't know why this problem occurs and so I don't have any solution to this. Is there anyone still using this WRV54G router? Did you face the same problem and have the solution?

Re: Anyone Still Using Their WRV54G

It seems to me your firmware is too old with respect to network interface card. May be your NIC is having recent drivers but since your router is still not updated with the recent firmware you can get this kind of problem. It happens to older router which have never undergone any upgradation. So to solve this problem visit Linksys website and get the firmware from them. You can download the firmware from there and install it on your router with the help of your computer. This should help you!

Thanks for your concern but I have already went to the Linksys site and didn't found any latest firmware which could solve my problem. I think, since this is an old router, Linksys has stopped providing any support or firmware for this router. I think I have to find the supported software for the router on my own. Is there any place where I can find the firmware of this router on internet? Does anyone else provide the firmware?

Why don't you contact Linksys support team and discuss about this with them? Yes this is true that your router have become too old and you may find some better router right now which are based on new generation. But still although the router seems to be old I don't think the problem actually lies with your router. I would also suggest you to first test your router with another computer and see if that works. I am assuming the problem lies with your computer or NIC and not the router. If this doesn't solves the problem then you can contact Linksys and ask them to assist you about the cause of the problem.

Thanks my friend but I tried that too a lot of time but it didn't helped me. I tried sending an email, contacting them on phone and also by getting some online chatting to explain what is happening to me and asking them for some suggestions but they said they could not help me since the support for the product no longer exists. I even asked them to tell if, in general, what can create this kind of problem but they didn't answered to it anyhow. I think I am helpless now and will not get my router once again.

Yes it has been observed that if your router is not included in the support list, you will not get the solution because they are least concerned about those products. However, coming to your problem, I think the problem is not with the router but with the power supply. May be the router is not getting the proper electric current and so you are getting the problem. This happens if your power supply unit is in the phase of death. So to check this out you can change the power supply unit and see if that helps. Make sure you use the appropriate power supply which provides the required voltage. This is very important because if the voltage is improper then this could affect your router and may be your router becomes dead.