Thread: RVL200 router not compatible with 64 bit Windows 7 ?

RVL200 router not compatible with 64 bit Windows 7 ?

I have got a desktop system from Dell, intel quad core processor , 2 GB of RAM and 5oo GB of hard disk space. I have got unlimited internet plan from Airtel, I was having a netgear router, but now I have got a RVL200. I use windows Vista operating system, after looking for a long time for the compatible router for Windows Vista of the same manufacturer, I switched my operating system to Windows 7 64 bit Version. I do not know whether it will be compatible with my current versions of operating system .If you have any idea on this then please comment, as I cannot change the operating system again.

Re: RVL200 router not compatible with 64 bit Windows 7 ?

I am a bit surprised on your operating system move, I do not know why you need to change the entire operating system for mere operating system compatibility. You could have asked for the compatible router there itself you have bought the router, I think you are aware that you are that everything has two faces , a good and a bad, the same thing apply in your router case , but I do think you will face any issues with Windows 7 operating system, but it is as per your usage.

You can get the firmware update first for the RVL200, as the above posts says that it may have some down side too, I have one of them , When you try to download of any upgrade , the process may get stuck in a loop, because the client end does not have the proper setting, to resolve that you will have to first login as an administrator and then run the internet explorer , but I am not quite sure that it will resolve the issue completely.

Yes I think you have researched a lot and concluded with a very wise question , I can suggest you a solution but I am not quite sure about it, while upgrading the firmware make sure that you have downloaded it from a official site, I would recommend you to just take a look in cisco.com After downloading you will have to create a guest account and register through it, rest of the procedure remains same as you have followed earlier, since you have a lot of time in researching please let me know , how far you are still from your actual need, so post back your reply soon.