Thread: How to control the bandwidth of wrt54gh router

How to control the bandwidth of wrt54gh router

I have purchased a new LG computer with preinstalled Windows 7 operating system with Intel i3 core processor inside in it, and my father has a Acer laptop with the MS-Windows vista installed in it. For the internet connection we are utilizing the similar modem (wrt54gh router) but it seems to be that the download speed goes to a enormous rate. The Ethernet cable that I am using is gives me around 2000KBPS on bandwidth, and behind up to 300KBPS. I assembled down for using the similar modem for the different OS or a maximum hit in download, to get the misplaced Bits/second , when it connect directly with the modem. What must I do for increase the speed of internet connection as well as the download speed and control the level of bandwidth? So anyone suggest me for this quote? Help will be appreciated.

Re: How to control the bandwidth of wrt54gh router

I think there should be a software problem that leads you to cause such an issue. I suggest you close the internet port of your friend when you were using the internet which is using for Peer to Peer internet connection on his router. This might be the reason for this problem according to your posted quote. Close the other thing as I m mentioning to you below as follows
    • Close the BitTorrent’s default range version
    • Close the torrent which not supporting the UDP port.

I think that this post will help you a lot to limit the bandwidth of the internet connection.

The difficulty may occur due to the firmware of the wrt54gh router that you are using. Go for the better WRT54GL router modem which the update version of the wrt54gh router and by means of a third party firmware on it which has the process to control the bandwidth management. I had a same issue with my bandwidth control problem, where my father used mostly for the download as well as for the stream purpose. Hence the bandwidth decreases at a control level after a few days. When I altered with the above stated WRT54GL router and with the function. That assists me a lot to control the bandwidth of the internet connection by the IP address. So check this out I think this will really help you out.

Yeah my friend also face this sort of problem many times cause he continuously changes the internet broadband connection, i consider that there is a solution but i don’t memorize it properly i think get it right. Unless the router or the modem breaks due to some problem then only they affect the bandwidth, since your router is fine, so alter the IP Address as well as switched off DCHP then only you are acquainted with what it is. So check out this solution it may help you out to solve the bandwidth problem.

I think the packets of the router can controlled the level of your network bandwidth, instead of the any program the bandwidth are managed by the ports or the packets. The only thing is that the packet scheduling with the router can give the priority to any program, your computer is not controlled over there. I suggest you for the “Linksys WRT54G” router modem, which comes in a very cheap price, and the firmware is also a good one, which may help you to control the bandwidth. So try out this properly it may not cause you any problem.