Thread: How to change the IP settings in SSID

How to change the IP settings in SSID

A few days ago i was thinking of logging into my office wifi network but sadly it did not connect because of the subnet difference. Now i use a static ip address from my home. I don't use my router because it does not have a dhcp reservation. So to do it more easier i switched it on to dhcp but noticed that i had lost my static IP address back at my home. So i had to get a new static IP address. So is there any simple solution that will help me out with the problem that results while switching of the ip address from one environment to another. Some simple processes suggested by you all would definitely help me. So please do suggest me something.

Re: How to change the IP settings in SSID

Here is some simple solutions for you. The first step you can do is to get a good router/modem that supports the dhcp reservation. Secondly you can do is to run a different dhcp server in your computer. You have to ensure that while doing this you have to turn off the dhcp reservation present in the modem/router. What this will do is that they provide you more dhcp server's that even modem having dhcp reservation will also not provide. So check out with this solution and try doing this.

The another solution is that the use of the netsh command. This command will change the interface between dhcp and static. It is particularly necessary when a laptop changes it environment to another environment i/e static ip address at one place while dhcp at the other. It works majorly on all the platform of windows. You can enable by typing the following command 'C:\Windows\system32>netsh interface ip set address "Lan" dhcp', 'C:\Windows\system32>netsh interface ip set dns "Lan" dhcp' for dhcp command and 'C:\Windows\system32>netsh interface ip set address "Lan" static (static address)', 'C:\Windows\system32>netsh interface ip set dns "Lan" static (static address)', 'C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig /all' for the static ip command. so just try with this solution it will help you.

Now there are various 3rd party tools available in the internet. As i read about the solution the third party users also perform the same task as that of the above solution. You have to search the internet for more information. Now what you can do is to download it and check if it works properly. The problem is that it will cost you. You may have to pay to use the particular service. So just surf the net and check it out.