Thread: Internet Surfing does not work on LAN

Internet Surfing does not work on LAN

I have the a small work group here in my case and the issue is such that I can see that all the computers are connected on the LAN but when I try to go for browsing on the internet I have seen that I cannot have connection to the internet. I have even tried seeing the connection in the other PC and I have seen that we cannot even find the same things there. Can you all please tell me the reason for this? We all can have access to all the files that we have on the PC but we all cannot have the access to the internet and would like to hear the response from your side soon.

Re: Internet Surfing does not work on LAN

By looking at the scenario it seems like that your router has failed or in a more precised way I would say that you will be required to ask for this behavior with the Internet Service Provider in your case. That is what at the moment I can suggest you. You can also try to connect the router with the single PC and see if you can access the internet. I think that this try can really fetch us some important detail if we all are at all missing on something. Well after trying this please let me know soon so that we all can come with some handy solution in this case.

I also have some kind of similar issue with the internet connection in my case. I can see that the LAN icon that I can see in the taskbar says that the LAN Is connected but when I try to go for the browsing the page cannot be opened. I really do not know the reason for this and I want to have access to the Internet so that I can proceed with the case that I am stuck with. The Internet Service Provider in my case is MTNL. Any suggestions on this case.

I would suggest you to see for the setting in the Router that you have. Please try to access the Home Page of the Router. First Open the Browser and in the address bar type the following IP: 192.168.1.1. After typing this you will be able to see the Home page of the Router and then you will have to open the settings and then enter the fields with proper information. You will have to fill in the details properly and you have said that you have the MTNL then I think that having the bill will be beneficial on the first case. Please see if you can have the access to the Home Page.

To tell you I am not at all able to have access to the Home page of the Router. It just gets hanged on the there with no further proceeding. Can you all please tell me the suggestions in this case? Is it like that the LAN port that I have on the Motherboard is dead or is it something that is related to the Router? I can see the router (or the Modem) having the lights in the same manner and so I do not think that there can be any issue with that. What can be done here and what has happened here? I have the Modem from the Sterlite the one that MTNL provides.

Exactly the same thing that I was stuck with. However if you want a temporary way of getting out of this then you can go in the manner that I am suggesting. You have the Sterlite Modem; you must have got the USB chord along with the Modem. Plug out the LAN cord from the system and then plug in the USB cord. After that from the CD that came along with the modem you will be required to install the drivers there. Then Restart the modem and the system and then go again for accessing the Home Page of the Router. If you will be able to access that then you will have to fill in the details there and then you will be able to access the Internet. Well if this is the case then I would say that the LAN port on the system is dead.