Thread: HP printer and scanner cannot be recognized on the Network

HP printer and scanner cannot be recognized on the Network

I am having the HP printer with me and the thing with this Printer is that it was really working fine when I was having the Windows XP on the system and the day when I switched to the Windows 7 I have seen that the issues with the printers have started to rise. Is there anything that you all can help me with this? I have seen that it is not getting recognized with the HP drivers itself. Can you all please tell me the way by which I can have this for me solved?

Re: HP printer and scanner cannot be recognized on the Network

I think that you will have to check for the drivers of the HP printers and see if you can have that for you. Well the things are that you will have to search for the drivers based on the Compatibility with the Windows 7 so that it can run on with the system. Please pay a visit to the official site of the HP and see if you can have the drivers from the official site. Hope that you will have that in your case. Hope that you will have the drivers and if however you do not find them please let me know I will give you the link for the same. Please do come with the system specification in your next post.

I think that you will be required to configure the Router so that you can have the Printer and the Scanner recognized on the network. Well you have mentioned that you had reinstalled the Windows in your case and I think that you have not properly configured it and hence you are getting the issue. See the settings of the Router and then let me know if I was right in stating the things that I have mentioned. Please reconfigure the router if at all you have any doubt regarding that.

I think that you need to update the HP printer of yours and I think that the best way of doing the same is using the HP Software that you have in the system of yours. All you will have to do is Go to the Start and then go to the All Programs. After that you will have to go into the Hp and then the HP Update. I had done this for me few days ago and I think that by doing that I was able to have a precious update and would suggest you the same to have in your case. The solutions are nearby all you have to do is search it properly. Hope that my suggestions will prove its worth.

In addition to all the things that have been mentioned above I think that it will be nice if you can see for the Firewall settings on the Router. I think that it may be the reason for the blocking or unrecognizing the HP Printers and the Scanners. Just open the stetting of the router and then in the Block connection part just open it to all and you will see that it is opened so that all the packets can visit and let go. In the Firewall settings minimize the security level and I am sure that can help a bit in this case.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion s that you all gave me. I was able to overcome the issue with the combination of the two posts from above. At first I went for the Updates and then I even found a vital updates that was getting downloaded for the printer and then I thought that this time I will be able to see the printer on the Network and after that I found that the firewall setting for the security was set to High and I minimized it the Low and now the printer is really working fine on the NETWORK. I am sad that I missed on this. Thanks a lot for making the way clear.