Thread: LAN Network: No access to Windows 7 computer

LAN Network: No access to Windows 7 computer

I have a LAN with 4 XP machines, all of which can access each other up. Now I have new computer with Win 7 Server." I can grab him on the other computer but not the other way around: "you lack the necessary for this server."
    Here's what I've set on the Win 7:
    - Home network (same group)
    -l Shares: all (printer, images, music, videos, documents)
    The following share options:
    - Turn on network discovery
    - Turn on File and Printer Sharing
    - Public Folder Sharing: Yes
    - Media streaming enabled
    - Encryption 40 - / 56-bit
    - Turn off Password Protected Sharing
    What have I configured wrong, or how can I access the XP machines on the Windows 7 computer?

Re: LAN Network: No access to Windows 7 computer

On the Windows 7 computer with the right mouse button in Windows Explorer to C: "Click in the context menu "Share with" => "Advanced Sharing ..." Click This opens the Properties window WIN7 (C "on the tab" Sharing. Click there on the "Advanced Sharing. Put a checkmark in the box before "Share this folder, put in the" Share name "C (without double period). Now click on the Permissions button. Where "Everyone" preset, but you have still in the box next to Full Control "put a check mark, then Click "Apply" and "OK". " Now you can also use the "Advanced Sharing" close with "OK" and then the Properties window of C: \. "Full Control" for "Everyone" means: Full access for each user on the Windows 7 computer a user account Windows-XP-PC If the username and password on the Windows XP PC. Logged-on user is not authorized on the Windows-PC-7 also, You will be asked to you with a valid user name and password to register the Windows 7 PC. At the C: drive then you will possibly only access the folder "Common Files" can. Windows XP - Here with me - 3 networked computers - 2 with Windows 7 and one with Windows XP - does the access to shared drives with a single click, because all the computers set up on the same user with the same password is. Also note the instructions in my first answer to the "Network and Sharing Center"!

If you have Windows 7 "home network" is enabled as a network location and "home network group", your network is working only with computers that also use Windows 7. Click on the "Network and Sharing Center" with the left mouse button on the active network is displayed there to the name "Home Network" and change the location in "job network". In the next window click on Settings in the Network and Sharing Center, select Modify, then "Change advanced settings enable" at the top left. Set the share options as well, as indicated in your post, but now activate
    • Password protected sharing
    • User accounts and passwords to establish connections with other computers using
    Now when you created on the Windows 7 computer the same user with the same password, and releases for Everyone with Full Control have set, all computers in the network environment and you can see all shares without user input and password access.

Thank you in advance for your detailed reply. You know it well to my questions (and know it well from the newsgroups) that you have it with a fairly inexperienced user to doI have skipped, in fact, Vista and now I have trouble with Win7 still my love. At least I can now access from my XP computers also on the Win7 computers with read and write access to all partitions, except on the C drive (system): "Insufficient rights", even though I drive for Everyone with Full Control was released To set up the computer it would be important to have such access to the program folder. How can I set it?

Thanks for your detailed reply. The release I'm just like you described from established. However, I can on my XP machines login without a password, such I have never set up there (and if possible it should not). But maybe my plan will fail just that. Most of all I would like, either on the Win7-still on the XP machines a password. Whether this is feasible at all, I have to test it.

Windows 7 would like to have passwords on such queries. I've realized there are the following (I have XP and w7 in a group): Create the same user on all PCs with the same password and explain the main user. When registering, because it is the only one you will not be stopped, and neighbors to slip through. Should not it go on to this, as described on the web, what to change in the registry - but ONLY when the XP computer.