Thread: E2000 Linksys Cisco router for beginners

E2000 Linksys Cisco router for beginners

Hi,
    I want to buy a new router and install it for my computer usage. I have seen a new Linksys E2000 router by cisco. And the company says that this router is very simple and easy to install and configure. That’s why I have made my mind to purchase this router. If anyone who has used this router and can give me their review about it or some information then please let me know about it. Thank you

Re: E2000 Linksys Cisco router for beginners

Most of the Cisco routers can be distinguised as the most difficult routers to configure and especially with the Apple devices. I was using an old cisco router that I gave up and purchased an Apple Airport. It is very challenging to setup routers like the E2000 and the wireless extender but they also keep crashing that requires constant work and setting up to do. So you should look for a different router for sure. There are many routers from different brands such as Asus or Apple that you can chose from.

Before installing the router, you must install Cisco Connect. Of course, this software is not essential, but it prevents you from going through the router interface's page. Once you insert the CD into the CD drive, simply start the installation, and Cisco Connect takes care of everything for you. Then, follow the step by step instructions on the screen and you will configure your network easily. We made several tests by placing the box behind a router, switch, another router: nothing has disrupted, and the network, both wired and wireless, can be assembled without concern.

Ok I am new to all of this, could someone please help? I have connected my E2000, I can connect to the net Wi-Fi with my PS3 and Nextbook2 but my pc and my kids pc that are connected through the ports in the back of the E2000 cannot connect to the net. What have I not done?

You need to go through the manual and configure the computer with the router. You need to install the driver for the router in the computer and then configure the setting of PC and Router as needed. After that you can get the Internet Connectivity. If you are unable to make it then it is better to contact the Service Provider who will configure the Router to your computer. So if you can then go through the same and work with the issue.