Thread: How to transfer data on LAN

How to transfer data on LAN

I am using windows Vista for my desktop computer from last more than one year. I wish to connect my PC with my friends PC over LAN. I am extremely familiar with network hardware. Only those "Network Place" part at windows confuse me a lot. Actually we both are using the same net speed which is also provided by the same company also. But my friends PC couldn't access to Network Place at all. Please can anyone provide me give me step by step lan information??? Many thanks in advance.

Re: How to transfer data on LAN

I have read your problem. This kind of problem is facing by many of the peoples.
    To solve your issue you just have to perform following task:
    • First you have click on Winnows button. After that you just have to click on the Run button.
    • After you click on the run button Command prompt get open on your screen and get each machine's IP address.
    • After that you just have to type “ipconfig” and hit Enter button. Now you’re able to see the “Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:” You should both have similar adders, probably off by one digit at the end. Set up a share on one machine and then make sure that you have done the same to other friend’s machine.

To get through your problem you just have to follow the following simple steps:
    • For that first you have to click on the “Start” button and then you have to click on the Run button from the menu item that has been display on the screen. In Run command you just have to right the "\\" and this follow with the name of your friend’s computer. After you have done with this you just have to hit the Enter button. If simple file sharing is enabled then you may not be prompt for the User Name and Password and if not, then you may be prompted for the User Name and Password. After you have done with his you just have to enter the admin one for other machine. Open up shared docs, and just drag and drop.

For this I will advise you to simply share the folder. For easiest way to use shared folders, you just have to perform following steps:
    1. First you have to right click on the folder you want to share. After that just go to its properties and the sharing tab.
    2. Afterward you simply have to check that the share this folder on the network check-box and give it a name for example give the name as Share File. Get your IP address of your computer, probably it will like this 192.168.1.110 OR it will something similar like that.

Hence you have done with this procedure you have to perform some few procedures for your Fiends compute. For that you just follow the following simple procedure.
    1. First your click on the “start” button, then have to click on the “Run” button.
    2. In run command you just have to type \\192.168.1.110\ Share File.

After you have done with this I am sure you will solve your problem. Thank you.