Thread: Windows 2000 Server Logging problem, with old and new password

Windows 2000 Server Logging problem, with old and new password

I have got 2000 Server as my domain; I have got windows XP Home Edition Workstations configured to join them. I have my word processing suite installed as a local install before configuring the domain. Now when I log on as my domain ID from the XP workstation, the Word Processor won't run. When I log on as the domain user, I can't install the software because the domain user doesn't have administrator rights. The domain profile resides on the server, I've given it administrator rights but that has no effect when trying to change the domain password it is showing to me massage you cant change the password. How do I get find? I sure nothing wrong with the software, it work fine. if I am logged on as the local computer user or the local administrator, it's just that pesky domain user profile that is causing the problems.

Re: windows 2000 Server Logging problem, with old and new password.

If you are using WINS as well as DNS. Then you have to check your WINDOWS directory for a HOSTS file, Someone may have put otrne there pointing to the old domain controller. And second think is that, what network IP addresses are you using? If You are trying to put the computers into a workgroup (IE, change them out of the old domain) and then log in and add them into the new domain. BEWARE that you need the local admin password or equivalent once you remove them from the domain in order to log in again.

Your concern is that you have no DNS server. Since the DA is dependent on DNS, it is logical that this does not work (especially if you
    pointing the DNS on your firewall) The solution to your problem is to install on one of your CDs (your PDC for example) a DNS server and then have it point to your machine. I think it allows updates on your DNS server so that your CDs can register.

You are asking about the how to create from old to new domain password. If you are using TCP/IP and specifying the IP address and there are no conflicts. Switching them to workgroup and then trying to log onto the new domain is the first thing. You have to check it does work. For both of the Win2000 Pro computers they were logged onto the old domain which was run by a NT Server, and there were no problems at all. Once you create the new Domain under a Server2000. You removed the 2000Pro from the old domain and put them into a workgroup. When you try to move them onto the new domain. You receive the error message. This only happens for machines running Pro edition of 2000 or later. All NT, 98 switched over no problem.

You have to create new domain password. You have to follow are these steps. Create variable that hold the old and new password.If you want to change a user domain password, The old value is also required. The following cod e is set up variables with new and old values. Dim old password. Dim New password and than old password=”old password”, New Password=”New password” this Scripting is used by network administrators to control user settings and domain configurations.