Thread: Wirelessly controlling laptop and projector with PC

Wirelessly controlling laptop and projector with PC

Hi, new guy here. I run the sound system at my church. Currently we have a PC in the sound room that I use windows media player to play the music through the sound system. We also have a laptop downstairs on stage that someone else uses to operate the projector so the song lyrics can be seen by the congregation. We don't have Internet connected to either computer. I want to be able to control the laptop from the soundroom PC without spending big money on a 200' cable to connect the two. So what is the easiest, and cheapest way to do so?? I understand that easy and cheap don't usually go together, but my church has little to no money to do this, so it's probably gonna be coming out of my pocket. Oh and both units run XP. Thanks in advance.

Re: Wirelessly controlling laptop and projector with PC

I think that you can set up wireless network and control the computer via a VNC connection or similar app (Which is just like remote controlling the computer). You can also try to install the software on your laptop, connect the Bluetooth toggle to your Laptop/PC and the adaptor on the other end connected to the projector that will take care of the rest. Or you can use a wireless router and connect both the pc and laptop in network and share and play files pretty easily.