Thread: Unable to have the new mail notification for the IMAP

Unable to have the new mail notification for the IMAP

Hi friends, I am having the Windows 7 Operating system on to my system. On that I have been using the beta for a while and in that found that it does not display me the new mail icon in to the taskbar or anywhere else. When I get the new email from my IMAP account, I do not get the any notification of the new mail on to my account. I have managed to add rules but still there is the envelope in the tray icon not showing anything. However the system tray notification is not functioning currently. It does not show any new mail icon for the IMAP account. what is the problem with it? help

Re: Unable to have the new mail notification for the IMAP

Follow this step:
    1) Go on to the File tab of the outlook, in that click on the Alerts button and also Manage Rules the.
    2) In that go to the Inbox folder for which you want to set the notification or the icon rule and then select the new rule.
    3) Now on to the "Start from template or from a blank rule" screen, under the Step 1, choose "Display mail from someone in the New Item Alert Window". Click Next.
    4) On the "Which conditions do you want to check" screen, under Step 1, uncheck "from people or public group", and check "through the specified account". Under Step 2, click the "specified" link and choose the email account for which you would like to apply this to. Click Next.
    5) On the "What do you want to do with the message" screen, under Step 1, uncheck "display a specific message in the New Item Alert window", and choose "display a Desktop Alert." You can also choose to have a sound play if you'd like. Click Next.
    6) On the "Are there any exceptions" screen, apply any exceptions if you wish, it's not necessary. Click Next.
    7) On the next screen, name the rule. Click Finish.
    8) Make sure you have your desktop alerts enabled and configured in the way you want.
    9) This will pop up a desktop notification whenever you receive email for the account(s) you specified. It won't show an envelope in the system tray, or in the task bar.

It is the surely the bug in to the Outlook 2010 when we work with the IMAP account. You may try this because at the moment there is no available fix for it. Use this settings to display the notification:
    • Go in to the IMAP account and select the Inbox folder.
    • Now click on to the Rules button and choose manage rules and alerts on to the Home Tab.
    • Now click on the new Rule, Select: “Apply rule on messages I receive” and press the Next button.
    • Also check that no condition is selected and press Next.
    • Now you will be having the stating that this rule will apply to all messages. Press "Yes" to indicate that that is correct.
    • Now choose one or more of the following actions:
     Play a sound
    at the bottom, click on “a sound” and browse to
    Windows 7 and Windows Vista: C:\Media\Windows Notify.wav
    Windows XP: C:\Media\Windows XP Notify.wav
     Display a specific message in the New Item Alert window
    at the bottom, click on “a specific message” and type your custom message. For instance;
    New IMAP messages
     display a Desktop Alert
    • Click Next and then Next again to skip the exceptions dialog.
    • Specify a name for the rule and press Finish to complete the rule.
    • If needed move the created rule all the way to the top.
    Hopefully you will get the notification for the Internet Mail Access Protocol that is (IMAP)

According to your situation, I will suggest you to check the settings in the outlook. First click on to the File, in the file tab go to the Options, from options go to the Mail. In that uncheck the box under Message arrival: Display a Desktop Alert. Restart the outlook and then check problem, whether it occurs or not. Take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. hope this work otherwise try to reinstall the MS outlook in to your system.